+ Reply to Thread

Launching Versa Mail Reboots Treo 650

I deleted some commercial app that came with the Sprint Treo 650 - It was something that downloaded maps and news on a 30 day eval. Afterwards Versa Mail would reboot my Treo every time I tried to load it. I couldn't seem to get rid of VersaMail completely, to start from scratch, so I got FileZ and deleted everything, and hard-reset the Treo. Versamail re-installed itself and worked for about 2 days, and then, after downloading a 1meg attachment, started rebooting my Treo again. Any Ideas on what I can do to fix VersaMail?

Thanks,

Joel

Have you tried doing a hard reset again?

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar

ME TOO

I have the same trouble. I dont use versamail but if i accidentaly tap the icon from the home screen or tap the versamail link from the calender it starts launching some kind of versamail set up, then if i accidentaly hit it again any time after that i get a reset. The versamail link on the phone screen or calender screen will falsely say I have messages. If i delete the versamail messages file with a file manager it stops the resets. I decided to hide the versamail icon with megalauncher.

Check out this thread. It covers all of this.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ersamail+fixed
    Bruce Sneddon

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    thanks brooose, that makes it alot easier.

Versmail Reboot with Treo 650

I have this problem and after going through several troubleshooting tips, the easiet way to get around this is to merely delete your email account from the versa setup option then recreate it.

I've found when my email gets bloated or when large files are in my email, my treo 650 will reboot when i try to hit the get button or even when i just launch versamail. sux.

I found that recreating the account is the easiet thing to do and you won't have the problem again...........until...........?

For all those who are having problems with Versamail constantly rebooting itself...this might help out.

After speaking with a senior technician over at Palm, there seems to be a glitch within the Versamail software. Palm is aware and is developing a patch for the software for Versamail users.

For the meantime, use this application. For this to work you need to have Internet access on your Treo.

First, go to the site:

- crown.us/palm/archive

- click/install filez.prc

- check bottom right corner box

- scroll down and delete all asc3 and asc4 files.

- if for any reason your phone reboots itself during this installation preocess, no not worry...just go back and do the same as I've mentioned and you should be fine.

Try it out...it'll work.

Let me know?