+ Reply to Thread

Having problems with mic

I got my 650 about 2 weeks ago. It seems like when I make a phone call from it, folks have very hard time hearing me and I am not even using a headset. My voice keeps cutting out. Is there an inherent problem with 650 or is it just my Treo ?

OK I just spotted this thread

Microphone problems??

So it looks like I am not the only one having trouble with mic. I will try reset.

A reset isn't going to do you any good. You can wait for a patch from P1 or Sprint or go to www.shadowmite.com and get the patch there. Note that this patch is not supported by P1 or Sprint and that if you botch the installation, you may very well end up frying your 650.

Marty I am not tech savvy and have no clue how to do the patch. So does that mean I got stuck with this crap ? How will sprint fix *my* phone ? When ? Damn I wish I knew or else I woulda never gotten the Treo. I thought about getting a decent phone and T5 seperately. But too late now. ARGHHHH !

Sprint *should* eventually release a patch that will fix the issue (same one available from the site I referenced above), which you would install with hopefully not too much difficulty. Maybe a Sprint tech could even do the install for you once the patch is available from Sprint but that could be a couple of months. You may also want to try emailing PalmOne with your problem and see if you can get them to send you the patch.