+ Reply to Thread

treo 650 and good

It seems that the 650 and goodlink use up a lot of internal storate..Is this a problem for other users?

I am using goodlink to sync with a corp mail server. Not sure if contacts and such are being duplicated between the goodlink app and the internal contacts/messages apps in palm o.s.

Any thoughts?

all outlook applications will duplicate.. I am using the 650 using cingular service and am having issues keeping connected to the good server. Not having much sucess on getting my emails without having to do resets on the 650.

Good....

Actually the Treo 650 does not syncronize between the internal contacts conduit and the goodlink version. You can even verify this yourself by going to contacts from the palm side. It does take up a little memory but it isn't that bad compared to some of the other apps I use.

I sometimes have problems connecting to the good server but not very often. I am on a Sprint 650 (not sure which you are on). It seems to happen most when I don't use the phone much. i.e. at night. I am also beta testing the good 4.0 client and it seems to be better, and the wireless installation of the goodlink software is very nice...

Good Contacts replaces the Palm native contact manager. Your contacts are synced up with the contacts in Outlook/Exchange

This makes sense, since it seems to be an overlay application, but honestly it's a pain in the neck. What if I don't want a contact in my Corporate Exchange profile?

My parents, for example, have no need to be in my contacts in Outlook. They're in my Palm Contacts but since Good overrides that feature, if I get a call from them it shows the number but doesn't link that it's my parents calling.

Is there any way to NOT use the Good contact software but still use everything else? It's a great powerful app but the contacts overlay is not so much.

-Matt

You can utilize the Good contacts and the Palm native contacts using the attached method. Bear in mind that this will completely separate them and the Palm contacts will not sync or update outside of a hotsync. This document was designed to have FileZ sent OTA to users. If you already have FileZ on your device, disregard the first couple of steps.
    Attached Files

Thanks for the reply.

I read the how-to and it seems very straightforward. However I have the Treo 650 and was wondering if these steps are the same on my device.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

-Matt

On the 650, Good doesn't lock down the Palm contacts. You should have access to both.

I do have access to them both, however let me give you a couple examples:

1 - Someone calls me, who is on my palm contact list but not on the goodlink list. The caller ID shows, but the stored name does not.

2 - Someone calls me who is not programmed into either list. Caller ID shows, I answer the call. When the call is terminated and the device asks me if I'd like to program the entry as a new contact, when I say yes it "skips over" the Palm contact screen and goes right into the Goodlink interface. This is the most problematic, for me, because I cannot assign picture IDs to them, nor can I assign birthdates, etc. (basically the goodlink contact list - for me - lacks some basic functionalty that i require.)

The screens in the attachment seem to dig into the device to change the default applications - and I was just wondering if those screens are the same on the Treo650 because they look completely different than anything I can see on my device.

Thanks!

-Matt

I know the fix is for the 600, hence the screenshots are going to be different. I have not tried the fix on a 650 since I am using a 600. Let me see if I can find some answers regarding the issues you are facing

Thank you.
    If there's a way to do to the 650 exactly what the attachment does to the 600, I will happily start using GoodLink again!

-Matt

Did this issue ever get figured out? I have a Treo 650 Cingular with Goodlink 4.0.3.6. I would like to keep my personal contacts in the the Palm contacts, and my business contacts in the Goodlinks contacts seperate but I want the caller ID with name function to work with both. Pleas help??