+ Reply to Thread

Question To Do Lists on Treo 650

I'm looking for a good to do list for use on my 650. Was using a Pocket PC with Pocket Outliner, which allowed an outline formate of to-dos. To do items and sub folders which made organizing these things a snap.

Anyone out there have any experience with a good 3rd Party to do software add on?

Thanks!

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar

How bout thought manager

Like you, I am seeking a better ToDo list manager.

PlanPlus from Franklin Covey may be more of what you are looking for. The URL is http://www.franklincovey.com/planplus/outlook/

If you are using something like BeyondContacts to manage other parts of Outlook data, do not install the PocketMirror conduits. This prevents problems with sync with the contact list and memo fields.

I did a live chat with their support on Thursday and that is what they told me.

Thank you kindly,

Tony

Avoid PlanPlus -- my (and many others) experience is that it is a buggy mess, and if you hate it, the Windows uninstall is a nightmare.

If you are looking for an outliner, the Palm standouts are (in no particular order):

Bonsai (Natara)
    ShadowPlan (Code Jedi)
    Life Balance (Llamagraphics) (my fave b/c it has a Mac desktop)

If you are looking for a really basic outliner, Agendus 9 by iambic has added outlining capabilities to its to do list, and its contact and calendar interface are worth exploring. Agendus 9 also has Covey-quadrant tracking capabilities.

HTH,
    Bree

Former handhelds: Newton MessagePad 120, IIIxe, Visor Neo Blue, Clié T615C, Tungsten E, Clié TG50

Bree,

After looking to install the trial version I am inclined to agree. The fact they require MS IE to be the default browser is a killer requirement for me. I refuse to let my home machine have IE as the default browser.

Not looking for outliners but the old Franklin method of generating to-do lists. I'll look at the software you mention because it might work for our needs.

Thanks,

Thank you kindly,

Tony

Which one did you decide on? I'm looking closely at LifeBalance.

For what it's worth... I'm a fan of Key Suite, which puts ALL of Outlook (calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Notes). It's a bit pricey, but well worth the investment. No limits on number of contacts and all colors and labels set in Outlook carry over too.

I've been using ListPro 4.0

It's the best application I've found yet for to do lists (any kind of lists for that matter)

http://www.iliumsoft.com or at palmgear