+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bluetooth hack

bluetooth hack

ok I installed the bluetooth hack that enabled the dun and works like a charm. but when I try to click on device to change my headset or to discover it resets my treo. how do I go back to original bluetooth without hard reset? also is there a fix or differnt version. I cannot even check the version because when I click o about it resets. well any help wouls be good.

thanks

you don't need to go back to the orginal configuration. simply reinstall the patch another 1-2 times in succession and the error will permanently go away. why this works I don't know but it does.

yeah it worked after reinstalling the patach. Now I cannot connect with my mac. Do you know why?

nope, sorry, I don't use macs...

Hi Guys,

What does the bluetooth patch does? I would love to make some of the changes posted, but I dont know what to do and how to do it. Keep in mind that I am very technical oriented, but do not want to screw up the phone.
    I know that there is a patch for changing and enhancing the sound, wifi, and bluetooth. But what are the benefits and what do I need to do?

I really appreciate your help on all of this.

the bluetooth patch enables the dun so you can use the treo as a modem. It is really cool when you need a wireless for your laptop. Other patch is self explainatory. but i am still having mine freeze and if any mac users can help that would be really appreciated.

I tried the hack on my ATT GSM 650. When I tried to use the DUN Icon on the PC I kept getting "Port in use." It was using COM9 and nothing else was on that port (as far as I could tell).

sorry I use mac so cannot help you.

Originally posted by jazlee
    sorry I use mac so cannot help you.
    Have you found the way? I can Sync via BT but not yet connect to SPRINT PCS via BT with my Apple PB. I have installed the hack (5x did the charm to end the soft resetting for me) and now I don't know how to set OSX settings to work. I have set up a Samsung i500 (Sprint) to work with OSX..I now I have the 650 (also sprint) and can't get it to fly with the same PB and same version of OSX. Any help would be much appreciated!

Apple PB 12 / Treo 650 / Samsung i-500
    :headbang:

12 hours (or so) later and I'm posting via BT/Sprint PCS on the ol' powerbook. This link helped me and might other OSX users.

http://vocaro.com/trevor/treo-dun/
    Apple PB 12 / Treo 650 / Samsung i-500
    :headbang: