+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Registered User CellarDweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-02-2004
    Location
    N. Carolina
    Posts
    22

    Question Calendar wont hotsync w/TREO650

    I hadn't synced up the unit in a week so I gave it a shot yesterday. In the past, no problem. BUT NOW... I get a conflict (error #16397) and the calendar on the computer (palm desktop) doesn't get updated. What the heck is going on?

    I tried reinstalling the software on my computer, and everything EXCEPT the calendar worked fine. I also checked all the entries on the 650, and none of them have any characters (commas, hyphens, etc.) in them. I am out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    -CD-

  2. #2
    Registered User CellarDweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-02-2004
    Location
    N. Carolina
    Posts
    22
    ....anyone got an idea of what is going wrong?
    -CD-

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-12-2002
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    1,145
    The one suggestion I found was to try a soft reset and then hotsync. The error has something do with having a problem accessing a database file. I'm just not sure if it means on the PC or on the Palm.
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-02-2003
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    101
    Did you try the conduits patch on palmone's site. Here a link
    http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...daterv102.html

  5. #5
    Registered User CellarDweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-02-2004
    Location
    N. Carolina
    Posts
    22

    Thumbs up reset = wonders

    Thanks everyone. I did 2 soft resets back to back. (first one didn't make a difference) Now everything functions as it should. I appreciate your suggestions.
    -CD-

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    05-29-2005
    Posts
    3
    I'm using a Mac w/OSX 10.3.9. I have no idea if that makes a difference but doing a Soft Reset on my Treo 650 didn't work for me. However, a System Reset seems to have done the trick and everything is syncing okay. At least for now.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    05-29-2005
    Posts
    3
    Okay, I take that back. After one sucessful sync the phone is once again unable to syncronize calandar and datebook. Help!

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-07-2005
    Posts
    1

    HELP!!!

    I too have encountered the error 16397. what is it? how can i fix this? I currently am running the palm software on a MAC 10.3.9 OS

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-30-2002
    Posts
    167
    Help me too...My hotsync just hangs at calendar. After waiting 10 minutes I hit cancel and have to manually reset. I tried downloading dbscan as recommended in another thread. It comes up with a couple Datebook errors which I hit delete on, but before it can finish the scan the units resets (everytime).

    When I use FileZ to look at the databases for DateBook I have:
    Datebk3HDB, Datebk5DB, & DatebookDB. Should I have all of these?
    Last edited by slorandy; 06-09-2005 at 10:40 AM.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-30-2002
    Posts
    167
    Here is the answer I recd back from Pimlico. I'll try it tonight when I get home...

    Yes, this is a known bug in the PalmOne DataManager patch which will
    crash
    underneath ANY third party application that attempts to access a
    database
    which itself it screwed up by mismanaging deleted records.

    Solution is to run dbScan, but DON'T do the scan. Instead, tap on the
    NEITHER button in the first dialog, then select REMOVE ALL DELETED
    RECORDS
    from the OPTIONS menu, then tap the PalmSource button. If that does not
    correct the problem, repeat the procedure and this time use the PalmOne
    button. If ANY deleted records are found, that was BOUND to be the
    problem
    that was causing the sync issue - the DM patch is responsible for
    hanging
    the conduit software (so it's not a bug in the conduit software, but in
    the
    DM patch).

    Make sure you are using the very latest release of DateBk5:
    http://www.PimlicoSoftware.com/datebk5-v54a-s4.zip
    as this has V1.9b of dbScan which is what you want touse here.

    Email me back if you are still having a problem with this.

    Cheers!
    CESD, Pimlico Software, Inc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts