+ Reply to Thread

Will zLauncher work on the t650?

I know it is for palm devices but what about the phone function? Does the new zLauncher support the t650? If so any problems or bugs?

ZLauncher works great on the 650. I have no problems with it.

I read a couple reviews on it, I think I will try it. Thanks!

I am IN LOVE with ZLauncher on my Treo 650... it works great, looks great, and really helps solve the "not enough RAM" issues
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

I have had it for a few days and so far so good. The default software should be like this. I hope it doesnt have problems with the phone update coming at the end of the month. Thanks for the feedback!

I installed ZLauncher and this is what I get when I press on its icon:

NO AVAILABLE THEME FOR THIS DEVICEi
    PLEASE INSTALL A SUITABLE THEME FOR THIS DEVICE
    (LIKE ZLT_AQUAWOODXP_HI_64K.PRC).

WHY?!?!?

Originally posted by frenchym3
    I installed ZLauncher and this is what I get when I press on its icon:

NO AVAILABLE THEME FOR THIS DEVICEi
    PLEASE INSTALL A SUITABLE THEME FOR THIS DEVICE
    (LIKE ZLT_AQUAWOODXP_HI_64K.PRC).

WHY?!?!?
    When you installed ZLauncher, what files did you install? Themes are what is displayed on your screen - defining the color scheme, tab position and style, etc. You need to have at least one of these installed on your 650 in addition to the ZLauncher.PRC file. I can't tell you the best ones for the Treo because mine hasn't arrived yet. There are other required files also that are listed in the installation instructions. Good luck - it's a great app!
    Rick

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW -- What a Ride!"

The instructions clearly tell you that you need to install a theme. As suggested, install the LT_AQUAWOODXP_HI_64K.PRC and you will be good to go.

I downloaded all the themes available with the software and tokk then out one by one to see if maybe one of them wasn't needed, I STILL HAVE THE SAME WINDOW POPPING UP!!!

I downloaded all the themes available with the software and tokk then out one by one to see if maybe one of them wasn't needed, I STILL HAVE THE SAME WINDOW POPPING UP!!!
    Are you saying that you installed all of the themes you downloaded onto your Treo with the install utility and you still got the message? And, then removed them one by one from your Treo?
    Rick

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW -- What a Ride!"

Originally posted by rfreschner
    Are you saying that you installed all of the themes you downloaded onto your Treo with the install utility and you still got the message? And, then removed them one by one from your Treo?
    Yes, but it's all done now, working fine... man this program is confusing. Where do I get some more backgrounds from? it only has the 4 different shots of Beach, it sucks... It doesn't have any Wallpapers either...
    How do I transfer pics from and to the T650?
    I ordered Chattermail, but it's been 6 hours and they still haven't sent it to me, how long should it take?

I tried to delete VersaMail by going to the Delete feature, but it's not even there. Then I went to the File Manager through Zlauncher, found it tried to delete, but it says "Error - Database: ROM based database (Dm 020E) and it doesn't let me delete it. I tried in ALL, RAM and ROM...
    The main reason why I want to get rid of it is b/c it started beeping every 20sec for no reason, when I press the * on top left corner it says: "1 Alert, VersaMail mail account Scheduled get failed", and again I tried everything to find what this is and have it stoppped, I can only clear it for 20 sec and it starts again.
    What's wrong with this phone? I moved from a i500 and regret it more and more everyday...

Where do I get some more backgrounds from? it only has the 4 different shots of Beach, it sucks... It doesn't have any Wallpapers either...
    I think the documentation might have some information on that. In any case, I usually find that a Google search will work when it comes to finding these things. A little research goes a long way!

I tried to delete VersaMail by going to the Delete feature, but it's not even there. Then I went to the File Manager through Zlauncher, found it tried to delete, but it says "Error - Database: ROM based database (Dm 020E) and it doesn't let me delete it. I tried in ALL, RAM and ROM...
    If the program is installed in Flash ROM by Treo you won't be able to delete it without using a program designed to do that, such as JackSprat. I'm not sure if JackSprat supports the Treo though. Also, when using a program like this you really need to read and re-read the documentation or you can really screw up your system.

What's wrong with this phone? I moved from a i500 and regret it more and more everyday...
    I sincerely hope that all of your issues are solvable, as I am getting one in a few days, but I had no choice - Verizon won't replace my Kyocera 7135. Like the 7135 though, I'm sure the 650 is going to take some investment in my time to research and resolve these issues. Most can be solved through the documentation, the software provider's web sites, or, once I've exhausted the others, forums such as this one. Good luck!
    Rick

I am looking for a background for zlauncher whiich is somewhat similar to the standard gray backgound on the default launcher. Can I use a jpeg file or is there something else I must do. Does anyone have such a file already. If so could you email to wolfsons@easystreet.com

Thanks for the help

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar
    You can add any background u like.
    It goes in the Palm>Programs>Zlauncher folder in your memeory or your SD card.
    320X320 size is standard.
    Try saving a gray background you like to your pc and resizing it to 320X320.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Zlauncher works great with the background feature. This is my main screen
    http://www.spreadfirefox.com/communi...x15/blue_1.gif
    Get FireFox!

phones: Sam 8500, Sam a460, Sam i500, Treo 650
    Plan: $39.99= 750AT/3000NW@8/UnlPcs2Pcs/FIMF + $10 Vision + $5 SMS