+ Reply to Thread

HotSync Question

I bought a bluetooth adapter for my laptop. Now could someone tell me step by step if and how I could hotsync using the adapter so I don't have to connect the USB cable ? Thanks.

Before you do that, you should know that using bluetooth to hotsync is painfully slow. For me, a USB hotsync takes 1-2 minutes and doing it over bluetooth take 6-8 minutes.

This is not a step by step process (because its too long to type out) but some things to remember:

- you will need to create a virtual serial port on your computer. this is done using the bluetooth software that came with your bluetooth adapter
    - setup the bluetooth on the hotsync on the 650 by tapping the bluetooth icon, "setup devices", and then "hotsync setup"
    - right-click the hotsync icon on the bottom right-hand corner of your PC, click "settings" then the "local" tab, then select the com port you just created
    - right-click the hotsync icon on the bottom right-hand corner and place a check next to "local"

Thanks Marty. You da Man. I will keep the instructions you typed above but if it's gonna be that slow then I won't even bother for now.

What do I do with the BT adapter now ? Hmmm...