+ Reply to Thread

Versamail & Exchange Activesync (Push email???)

I recently purchased a Treo on the Sprint network and view my corporate email via versmail through Exchange Activesync. I currently have it setup to sync every five minutes, however, I recently read that Palm as worked with Microsoft to make it instantaneous (Push email). Is there an update I have to download or a setting somewhere that needs to be toggled to have it push/pull my email. Also, when I update my calendar on the Treo, it does not get reflected in Outlook. Is this possible through Versamail? If not, would another email app such as Snapper work better for calender udpates?

In addition, I recently tried to attach pictures to an email and send it out, when I hit send, the Treo reboots. Anyone encounter this issue? Any idea what is causing this issue and/or fixes for it? Thanks.

I am trying to find out the same answer to your question. I currently am using a PPC6600 and they Ective Syc has a place in it where you enter the text msg email address of the device -- this would be something like phonenumber@vtext.com for Verizon or phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com. If you do not have a place to enter that in the Versamil or Active sync area of the Treo 650 then the "push" will not occur. Apparently the Exchange server sends out a text msg to your device that tell it to initiate an Active Sync session -- thus it is kind "push / pull" if you know what I mean.

I am waiting on an unlocked Treo 650 to come in so I can try it myself. I like a lot of things about the PPC6600 but it isn;t a very useable phone (probably a better PDA though).

you may have to go to www.chatteremail.com or www.mailwave.com As far as push email, these seem to be the two best for the treo650.
    You can check out mytreo.net for more info on others.

Hope it helps

I've used chatteremail before -- the problem witht hat program , like many others, is that it has to constantly stay connected in the background or atleast intermnittently connect thus using battery power.

The great thing about the Pocket PC device that I have been using (not as good of a phone though) is that the newest version of Active Sync has this ability to sit and not do anyhting except wait on a text message from the Exchange Server that tell it that it has a new email and that the device should then initiate a sync!

Pretty cool.

Maybe some of the other systems will do similar - Thanks I'll keep looking and keep you updated

I have the exact same problems plus one more using the Treo 650 with Versamail Exchange Activesync. Have you ever found a solution?

1. Calendar syncs from Exchange to Treo, but not from Treo to Exchange

2. Push mail does not work. Actually there isn't even an option.

3. Treo reboots when sending and receiving attachments.

Although a bit costly, I have been very happy using Utopia Systems hosted exchange service and GoodLink.
    This allows for you to have immediate push email, push calender sync, push contacts etc etc.
    It's like having Outlook on an Exchange server in your pocket!

PDAphone Fan n Part time Mod. That70sGAdawg's Avatar
    An update for Versamail is expected from PalmOne. For now, it works better on "autosync every X min." if you uncheck the "enable local network time" under your preferences/ date and time settings.
    Also, changes on the unit seem to sync Ok for me with Microsoft exchange server IF I don't include icons, font changes etc. that Agendus or DateBk5 allow you to do. Stick to the "basic" built in calender features (even using those programs) and it is synced Ok from the device to the server.

Many do find versamail "Ok" to use instead of buying a program - But it does need an update.
    Enjoying carrying only one communications device for all...

Using OneBridge and syncing to a second PC

My company supports OneBridge for wireless syncing of email, cal., contacts, etc. I also want to do a regular wired sync with my home PC from the same Treo 650. Wondering if anyone else is syncing between two PC's--one using OneBridge wireless and the old fashioned way on another PC?
    Our IT guy says its a no-no to do any kind of wired syncing once the OneBridge software is in use!