+ Reply to Thread

Bluetooth Headset Recommendations

What do you recommend for bluetooth head set? I have tried the following:

Motorola H820: Volume too low, does not pair all the time
    Bodygove (sold at sprint stores): very staticy!!

Hello and welcome to the forum. Before making a post, it is a good idea to do a search as often times, the information you are seeking has already been discussed extensively and previously. This way, we keep the board cleaner and you get the information you need quicker.

Everyone has differnt preferences when it comes to bluetooth headsets. Some of the most popular ones among 650 users include:

1. Cardo Scala 500
    2. Sony-Ericsson HBH-660
    3. the altered for PalmOne Jabra 250 (not the same one that is sold in retail stores)

Again, welcome to pdaPhoneHome.

Thanks!!

I got the Cardo Scala 500...I am very pleased...tried some others, the Scala was the best. Good volume, easy pairing...works well.

I have a Jabra 250, but don't think it is made for Palm. How would I know and what is the difference?
    JLEV

I have the motorola mentioned above. It was one of the cheaper bluetooth headsets you can buy in store, also the more trendier looking. It works fairly well about ten to fifteen feet from it. Can get real staticky when outside from all the interference, at least here in Queens. I had the bt200, worked about the same (they all seem the same) but the battery lasted about ten minutes. This was one I bought directly from Sprint. I did notice one thing when I was outside, if the phone is in my coat pocket opposite the ear the headset is on, it does not work se well. That no line of sight nonsense is just that, nonsene. There seems to be a need for a clear path to between the headset and the phone.
    Do they test these things before they send them out?

First, I tried Jabra 250 which was very staticy then I got the SE 660 one and I can't say I am very happy with it. The volume is very low and it doesn't fit tightly in the ear canal at all.. My search for one that fits on my ear very well (hence better volume) continues.

Has any one tried this one ?

Only $35 at ecost. Very reasonable if it's any good.

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?DPNo=249444

Octreo, you need to try the Scala 500. I've found it for $39 at PCmall.com. Volume is not a problem. Its a well thought out product.

Originally posted by OCTREO
    First, I tried Jabra 250 which was very staticy then I got the SE 660 one and I can't say I am very happy with it. The volume is very low and it doesn't fit tightly in the ear canal at all.. My search for one that fits on my ear very well (hence better volume) continues.
    If you haven't done so already, grab some of the jabra eargels from Radio Shack. I hear they make a big difference especially with the low volume issue.

voice tags?

Does anyone know what headsets support Voice Tags? The 650 mentions it on the phone headset set up but it doesn't seem to be supported by anyone, even PalmOne's headset doesn't mention support for it.

Mostly Converged
    Originally posted by Marty
    Some of the most popular ones among 650 users include:

3. the altered for PalmOne Jabra 250 (not the same one that is sold in retail stores)
    What is/was altered? I have a brand-new BT250V and am having SERIOUS static issues with my new Verizon Treo 650. In fact I can't use my head-set further than 3 feet from my phone without static. Yet...

1) I have used the BT250V headset from my Apple PowerBook from 20-25 ft away.

2) I have used another Cell phone with the BT250V headset from 20-25 ft away (at a Verizon store)

3) I have replaced my Verizon 650 phone (they thought it was the phone that was bad.)

4) I have used a Jabra SP-100 with the Treo 650 from 20-25 feet away.

So what gives? Also, how long should the Treo take to "ring" a Bluetooth headset/car-kits/etc... With my Treo, I have 3-5 rings before it ever initiates the headset or car-kit. Is this normal?

Scott

PalmOne BT Headset

Anyone using the PalmOne BT Headset. You would think (hope )the guys that made the 650 would get it right.

Silly question (but maybe not)...

So like, can you listen to music with any of these? I wonder if there is a stereo version forthcoming... I mean, why not? you talk wirelessly on the phone, why not music too?
    Nothing lasts forever, except true love. If it does not last, it wasn't true....

Originally posted by OCTREO
    Has any one tried this one ?

Only $35 at ecost. Very reasonable if it's any good.

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?DPNo=249444
    $27.00 for 2 more days, it's on sale.
    Nothing lasts forever, except true love. If it does not last, it wasn't true....

Mostly Converged
    Unfortunately, the Palm side doesn't speak to the audio side of the phone. It's either a hardware/firmware issue. As for stereo headsets, they are all BT 1.2 and the Treo is only BT 1.1, so no matter what, we won't get stereo. And we won't get audio until Palm fixes the Treo, hopefully via firmware.

Scott

Originally posted by forseti
    Octreo, you need to try the Scala 500. I've found it for $39 at PCmall.com. Volume is not a problem. Its a well thought out product.
    I looked at this, but can't see if it supports voice dialing, and has volume controls on it. Would you consider writing a mini-review? I am taking this Moto back.