+ Reply to Thread

need help after hard reset

Hi
    I been hard resetting my t650 most of the nite, because for some reason when I start an app. some of them began to reset my device.
    for example, go into the menu option of the calendar and changed my calendar background and when back the calander, it would reset. Maybe it was because it was getting the picture from splashphoto which is on the SD card being ran on "powerrun". But I never had this problem before.
    Anyway, I decided to hard reset and reinstall the apps one by one, but when I got to my memos I couldn't find them in the backup files on my pc.
    Apparently the memo app and it's content is not labeled"Memos".
    So, could someone tell me where to find and how to reinstall the memos PLEASE?!

PS,
    I do have Verisafe, but it's coming up with so many errors that when I do restore from there it seems like the apps. are only half installed.
    For example, after restoring for Verisafe, everytime I go into the calendar from the hard buttom it resets but if I go in from the home apps. mode it's fine.

HELP!!

Administrator
    sounds like some of these apps are not playing well together or you are not executing the backup utility properly.

has ths always happened sine you had the phone or after you installed an app or two?

just started happening. once I hard reset my device the hard calendar button works fine but if I restore from the pc backup files it begains again. So I try to reinstall them 1 by 1 but I'm finding it difficult to identify certain apps like my memo notes and contacts.

Administrator
    good. well it seems there is a faulty program causing your issues. i would focus on the most recent programs you have installed and go from there. anything that takes over the hard buttons or can manipulate the hard buttons i would look at first. yes it wil take some time but in the end once you find the fault things wil be back to normal...
    perhaps you can post what you have installed and maybe others can chime in on if they have had problems with the apps...

I'll keep you informed!

Well I still didn't find out what the problem was, however I did solve the problem(sort of).
    I gave my device a hard reset, then I went through my "verisafe" logs and reinstalled what I knew were "good" apps.. Then once I got all of my info. back(such as my memos, contacts, etc..) I backed my device up to verisafe again and hotsyc-ed it.
    Where as verisafe tell you where your memo app. is, the back up folder in my pc doesn't.
    So now I have a pretty clean running device.

Thanks

Oh P.S.,
    Everything else in my backup folder that I thought was a problem,
    I got read of.
    Last edited by dmcdaniel; 02-21-2005 at 02:50 PM.

Good work dmcdaniel.

'nixx, wow, the first new Avatar in YEARS!
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Administrator
    dont get used to it... it diidnt come out like i wanted...