+ Reply to Thread

Thread: push email

push email

I see that no one tackled my question yet listed as a separate thread in this forum - " Sync with Exchange".

Well if that one is one that nobody has experience with, then how bout this one?

What are the most used methods for "push" email on a Treo 650?

Are the methods that you are using trully push in that an email can be pushed to the device or the email can cause the device to initiate a sync?

Thanks

Yes I use a program called NotifyLink from NotifyCorp. On this program you have the option to Push or Pull. At our office I chose the Pull option. There are a few other programs available from an enterprise option, I'm not sure if you are talking enterprise or personal. Good, JP Mobile, NotifyCorp and BlackBerry are 4 companies that I know of. I think BlackBerry is working on getting it's software to work with Palm devices, but don't know if they have yet.

How did you get the NotifyLink software - did your company buy it? or is there an avenue to trial it?

Re: push email

Originally posted by jcrompton
    I see that no one tackled my question yet listed as a separate thread in this forum - " Sync with Exchange".

Well if that one is one that nobody has experience with, then how bout this one?

What are the most used methods for "push" email on a Treo 650?

Are the methods that you are using trully push in that an email can be pushed to the device or the email can cause the device to initiate a sync?

Thanks
    Sprint and Cingular offer Business Connection/Xpress Mail, which are both rebranded push email solutions from a company called Seven. This program causes a sync with your desktop PC to occur once a new email appears in your inbox.

Verizon offers Wireless Sync which I hear is also very good.

If your company has licensed the Goodlink software, this is probably the best solution out there but does require software installed on a Microsoft Exchange Server.

Chatter is an excellent push program but is not as full featured as some of the other email solutions out there. Finally, there is Snappermail which can be set to check your email at regular intervals (not really push).

Here are the companies...

Notifycorp

Good Technology

Intellisync

Blackberry

JP Mobile

I don't think blackberry software is available for the palm yet, but I know that they were working on it.