+ Reply to Thread

Thread: mute button

mute button

I like the mute button on my treo but at times I forget I had it muted. Also at night it is hard to see if it is muted or not. I would like to have a symbol on my screen to tell me if it is muted or not is this possible?

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    I may have misunderstood you but I have a red x on the mic when my phone is muted.

Or maybe you are talking about the ringer silence switch on the top of the treo. If so ya its a real pain in the but. I have to remember that towards the antenna means i can hear the phone ring. I think every other phone in the world shows a symbol on the phone when in vibrate mode. And none of the phone replacement of inhancement apps address this. This would be a good one to put on takephones wish list.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mute button-treo-screen.jpg  

yeah thats what I was taliking about the ring volume. It really sucks.

ive missed quite a few calls myself that way. I asked the maker of takephone to add a "call in progress" sign to take phones screen and he had it on there a week later. Do you use take phone? Mabey we could talk him into a "ringer off" icon while hes still working on the current beta.
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 02-22-2005 at 01:07 AM.

take phone never heard of it? I will google

cannot find it on goodgle maybe you can help me

Sorry heres a link http://www.shsh.com/products/ i use it mainly because I like to me able to search from any field. If I want to get a hold of a rep I dont talk to much i can save a name in the correct field but put cardiac out patient contact in a costom field. Then i dont have to try and remember everyones names. And it drives me nuts to get that little pop up when you push the phone button more than once. Take phone takes care of that. It makes it as easy as it could possible be to look up a phone number. But I know alot of others use it for alot more complicated reasons.
    Heres the forum http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...s=&forumid=133
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 02-22-2005 at 12:35 AM.

I put up a post in the Takephone forum asking about a ringer off symbol and shimon (the maker of takephone) says it will be included in the current version I will post again with a link when it comes up in the "included in this version" list for anyone interested.

shimon is working hard on it

James,

what program are you using to add text in the pic ?

I type in paint and slap it on the pic in photoshop. I use photo shop to create icons, crop and touchup pictures, change pic sizes to 320 by 320, change pic format to bitmap or jpeg and right now im using it to make takephone skins. I used it to make my avatar. It took 2 hours, its 3 different pictures. Im not sure if everyone gets it though. Its palm service announcement instead of public service announcement and PPC (pocket pc) instead of PCP(which is cocaine. Chuckle chuckle,,,
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 02-22-2005 at 05:22 PM.

That sounds like a lotta work. Wish it was simple to add texts. Thanks buddy.

In the pic video app on the T650 with a picture displayed you can hit "menu", "draw on picture", tap "A", tap the picure to add text.
    But I've never used it, it only takes a minute to do it on my desktop.

I mean I have PS on my PC and I use it to do crop, resize, etc. I haven't figured out how to add text. It would have to be a new layer, right ? Well I just don't know how to add a layer.

drag and drop, or copy and paste

I type in paint and save it to desktop, I hit a "get picture" button while in photoshop, select my paint text box crop it, and when i hit "get picture" again, my text box is placed on a clip board on the right, I then pull up my pic, then drag and drop my paint text box onto my pic. I like to use pics this way because it makes it pretty clear what your saying. For my avatar however, the area was so small I had to draw the letters one pixel at a time.
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 02-22-2005 at 10:55 PM.