+ Reply to Thread

Transferring Pictures from Mac to Treo

(I apologize in advance if this was covered elsewhere, so please point me in the direction if it has - I could not find it).

I am trying to transfer jpeg images from my Mac to the phone to use as a wallpaper. Is there a way without any additional software or using an SD card to do this? If not, what do I need to accomplish this?
    JLEV

You could add it as a file tnsfr so the next time you sync, it will be passed. You should also be able to bluetooth it or email it. (although an email might require the SD card.) Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. When you do it via sync, do you just drag the picture file into the install programs window?

Also, how would you do a transfer via bluetooth (I assume other than syncing)?
    JLEV

on my MAC I just go to the BLUETOOTH icon at the top. Use the pull down menu asd select 'SEND FILE'. I then navigate to the file I want to send. Once I choose it, off it goes. Then all I have to do is accept the file on my phone. (You should have already paired your phone & computer, which is simple to do.)

As far as sending it via sync... You should have an icon for 'SEND to HANDHELD'. Just drop your file onto that icon and it should transfer during the next sync. OR if you already have the PALM Desktop program open, go to the 'HOTSYNC' menu at the top. Select 'INSTALL HANDHELD FILES'. THen just follow the promts.

Personally - I only use the bluetooth feature on small files. (or when I'm trying to impress someone with my cool gadget. )

Hope this helps a bit.
    -CD-