+ Reply to Thread

Creating a Graphic for Wallpaper

I was interested in creating a graphic using Adobe Illustrator to use as wallpaper. What kind if file would I want to create (jpeg, gif, etc.) and what parameters would I use for things like sizing?
    JLEV

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    If you talking about the wallpaper used in the phone view and the calender view it would be a 320 x 320 jpeg and you can store the pic on the card or internal. If its the backgroung for a 3rd party launcher they often use bmp or they use a background creater that I think converts the jpeg to a pdb.

Thanks. That worked well. One follow-up question from a 650 newbie...will whatever graphic I create for the 650 also work on a 600?
    JLEV

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    When you say graphic it makes me think that I may be missing your question but if your talking abot viewing a jpeg yes I view the same jpegs on my t650 that I viewed on my 600. For pictures that I copied off my computer and resized to 160 x 160 for my 600 I went back to the originals and made a copy to resize to 320 x 320 for my 650 for a cleaner picture. Of course this would do you no good it the original is 160 x 160.

If your talking about just viewing a 320 x 320 on the 600 yes you can but you wont be seeing the whole picture. I only use 3rd party picture viewing so I would zoom out or drag to see a different spot on the picture, Im not sure exactly how the stock pic viewer would show the 320 x 320 but if you dont wish to zoom or drag the pic you might as well resize it so that you see the whole pic when you pull it up, it wouldnt change the resolution. If are talking about viewing photo albums I recomend checking out pictures plus. Because nobody likes to sit and watch the "please wait " sign while the picture it trying to come up. http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...=pictures+plus Feel free to post again I f I missed something.
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 02-26-2005 at 09:30 AM.

This thread is a little old, but I wasn't finding much on photo viewers by searching. Any new programs out there that work well on the 650?

Thanks,
    JohnA