+ Reply to Thread

Incompatabiliy List

I am currently working on a Treo 650 and the Versamail keeps resetting the phone. I believe that there is some software that may be conflicting with Versamail. I was wondering if I could get some feedback as to what applications you guys (and gals) have found to be incompatable with the Treo 650.

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    Incompatible

1) Date mate 2004 (by Mobi mate)
    2) Quick check 4.1 (by Mobile Systems Inc.)
    3) Documents to go 7.002 (by Dataviz)

Versa mail resets my 650 every time.

I had that problem before, too, but it's now fixed. Not sure exactly how since I've uninstall/installed Palm Desk top many times (as well as hard-reset many times), but here's my best guess:

- My files from my last device (samsung i500) has some databases that overwrite Treo's Versamail dBs everytime they're brought over to the device after a hard reset.
    - I went into my [palm install directory]\[username]\backup\ folder to manually delete those files
    - On my very first sync after a hard-reset, these dBs are brought back from the Treo to the desktop, and since then, everything's been working fine.

These files include:
    - MMIDCache1.pdb to MMIDCache7.pdb
    - MultiMail_XXX: 3 of them

Not sure if this is actually what fixed my problem, but I no longer have the start-reset issue.

- Charlie

Re: Incompatabiliy List

Originally posted by insanity8797
    I am currently working on a Treo 650 and the Versamail keeps resetting the phone. I believe that there is some software that may be conflicting with Versamail. I was wondering if I could get some feedback as to what applications you guys (and gals) have found to be incompatable with the Treo 650.
    I wasnt sure if you had read these posts. I havent had any trouble with versamail sence I followed this advice. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ersamail+fixed

Launching Versa Mail Reboots Treo 650

Originally posted by jamespaulritter
    Incompatible

3) Documents to go 7.002 (by Dataviz)
    This program works perefectly fine on my 650. If Versamail is resetting your 650 everytime, I think you may have some other issues as this is a PalmOne app made for PalmOne devices.

I had 7.002 premium edition and was told by dataviz some fetures of the premium edition could cause problems with my T650 and to upgrade to 7.003. Do you think that was their way of hoping my problem would some how go away when deleting 7.002 .

Ultimately I found that my saved preferences caused my doc2go crashes. I deleted saved preferences on the handheld and removed saved preferences from the backup on the desktop and have had no problems since. I dony know what was wrong with the saved preferences, they were said to be corrupt. That sounds like a catch-all term "corrupt".

Originally posted by jamespaulritter
    Do you think that was their way of hoping my problem would some how go away when deleting 7.002 .
    ya, pretty much...