+ Reply to Thread

Treo 650 for Verizon??

can you use a Treo 650 with verizon?? can anyone compare the Treo 650 to the Samsung i700?? thanks for the help.

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    Right now the only way to activate a treo 650 on verizon is to hack the phone. If you click on this link and the links within you'll get the whole story. TREO 650 on Verizon From what I've read around users on our website had also had luck hooking up 650's on verizon.

As far as comparing the phones heres a comparison on details http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/com...1&id%5B%5D=637

a better comparison might be the treo 650 to the samsung i730. that's because neither are out yet, but both have a lot of people tracking them.

saw a xv6600 in person the other day - much nicer in your hand - web pictures don't do it justice

Originally posted by BaldyTheEagle
    a better comparison might be the treo 650 to the samsung i730. that's because neither are out yet, but both have a lot of people tracking them.

saw a xv6600 in person the other day - much nicer in your hand - web pictures don't do it justice
    I may have misunderstood your post, it sounded like you said the treo 650 wasnt out yet? Which of course is'nt true. And I had'nt herd info on the i730 can you put up a link to info on it?

it isn't out for Verizon. that's an important distinction because some people believe that EVDO may come on the Verizon Treo. having a handheld that gets 500-1.5MB/sec is a big change from 30-50k/sec

as for the i730, you must search, friend, and you will find. knock, and the door will be answered. lets just say that you need not search far.

Ow my god that is nice....

Thats enough to convert a palm guy to PPC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Treo 650 for Verizon??-samsung_i730_2_l%5B1%5D.jpg  

Fully Undaunted
    Since I got my FREE Treo600 from Verizon as a replacement for my 4th dead 7135 I have been checking Vzw's website daily for the i730. All the press is that Vzw will release this phone first quarter '05. While the 600 is holding up better than the 35's did, I would trade in a heart beat, this comming from a die hard Palm guy. The i730 has just too many features, I HAVE to own one even if it turns out to be junk. One question comes to mind, how will you ever find a good case that protects and allows easy access? In my line of work a cover is a must.
    Oh... what a tangled web we weave!!

I have so much invested in palm software I could never take up a ppc.

How about a case like this? http://gallery.bcentral.com/GID12687...Belt-case.aspx