+ Reply to Thread

Can I save downloaded files to SD card?

I hope this subject hasn't already been beaten to death, but I couldn't find anything on a search (here or google)

Anyway, is there any way to set a default download path to an SD card, rather then to the 650's internal memory? I just tried to download a file and was denied because of the 2 meg memory limitations... And... Is that 2 meg limit written in stone? Or would another browser allow for larger files?

Thanks

Anyone?

Just trying to get a solution... Anyone have any info here?

Thanks

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    I dont know of a way to set a defult path but of course if the file is downloaded to a computer you can always drag the file from the internal destination box to the card destination bow in the quick instal popup. Or are you talking about an over the air down load strait to the phone? And why is there so much on your internal memory. I have alot, alot of 3rd party apps but moved what could run correctly to the card and still have 7 megs free on internal. Alot of them could still go on the card but I like to launch them with a hard button. If they are apps that have to stay on internal you could use a launcher/file manager like zlauncher http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...t%5B1%5D_title which allows you to put apps that would usualy reside on internal, on external and it pulls them to internal when launched and replaces them on external when closed. Or have you just not whent through and put apps that can go on the card, onto the card.

Specifically

Thanks for the reply

What I mean is when trying to download a file from the internet, using the built in browser on the 650 (blazer i think?) If I try and download a large file, I get a warning saying that there is a 2mb limit. I was trying to see if that limit was a function of the browser, or the OS, and whether pointing the download location to the SD card was possible, and if so, would it eliminate the 2mb file size limitation. The treo is new, and I don't yet have too many apps installed, but those that I could, are installed on the SD card. I think I have something like 17m free on the phone...

Sorry Im clueless on that quesion. The more experianced 650 guys might catch site of it and give you a reply.

Hey pda studs when downloading a file ota to 650 theres a warning about a 2meg limit, is this a brouser limit? a device limit? can you set a default "download to card" option?
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 03-05-2005 at 10:55 AM.

Originally posted by jamespaulritter
    Alot of them could still go on the card but I like to launch them with a hard button.
    Could you explain that a bit Jim. Hard button ?

Things like my check book registry and dictionaries I like to just hit one button and have them come up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can I save downloaded files to SD card?-buttons-soft.jpg  
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 03-05-2005 at 07:44 PM.

So what other way is there to launch 'em ? LOL if I sound clueless, it's cuz I am.

Those are the only ways you would normaly launch apps.

Any answers to the original question of getting around Blazer's 2Mb download limit?