+ Reply to Thread

STARTING FRESH! apps from 600 to 650 w/o bloat or syncing

I want to copy some of the apps from the 600 to the 650 without
    taking them off the 600, and without syncing. and then give the 600 to mom

i want to put them in a folder and start fresh on the 650 when it finally gets here after 4 month of waiting next week..yah!

but i want to be already to go when it gets here

could you give me a step by step of how exactly do i do this using my sd card and card reader or perhaps beaming to the mac laptop ?

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    If you use a back up utility such as the ones in zlauncher http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...t%5B1%5D_title or megalauncher http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...%5B14%5D_title you would just back up the internal then when the 650 get in put the card in and selectively restore the internal. I would not restore the saved preferences. If you dont have a back up utility but have a file manager just copy the apps and PIM from internal to card and when t650 gets in pop card in and move PIM and apps to internal. If you dont have a file manager you can coppy the apps to the card that are'nt locked and copy them back when 650 gets in, but youd be out of lock on the PIM. Why dont you want to sync?

thanks, I ll give that a try!....

ill take the clip holster if your givng it away...

what do Ihave to do...?

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    I will pm my address, just mail me a small enlelope with 2 dollars worth of postage with your return address. I have a big enlelope to send the clip to you in. But please send me another pm when you get the clip so I'll know if it got to you OK. So far I have given away 2 clips, 1 treo 650 clear skin, 1 kyocera car charger and a 60 dollar kyocera headset and even though every one says they will email me to let me know that they got them ok, no one ever did it. So Im left wondering. Its easier to give this stuff away than to sell it on ebay and I'll never use it. I like to try stuff out on my phones but I only keep what I like.

James, thanks I'm new at this...I dont know how to pm, but my email is
    ideawizard@greatidea.net I could pay pal you the $2 and email you my adresss would that work?

iZ