+ Reply to Thread
    Bryen@mac.com

That Custom 1 Button!

I did a search and couldn't find anything about this... so I apologize if I missed it.

I was one of the people who wanted to change the way my Treo 600's dial pad buttons looked. So, I downloaded a file and sync'd it to my Treo 600 to make the dial pad screen look prettier. (Blue 'jewel' looking buttons with a green voicemail icon on the 1 key) That was over a year ago... God knows what file that was (and he isn't telling.)

I just got my 650 today, sync'd it, and the #1 button that was on the 600 copied over into the 650. It looks terrible, and I can't figure out how to get rid of it and revert back to the default 650 buttons. How do I change it back to be the 650's default '1' button? For some reason the rest of the buttons are ok.

Thanks!!!

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    Man im realy curious, you got to take a picture of that and post it before you fix it,,

So did you already flip through the internal files with a file manager? Did you look in your back up folder on your desktop to help identify the file (there would be fewer files there so it would be easier to find that leftover)? Was the file called skinner?

I have the same issue but all my buttons are "customized". I'm pretty certain I got the skin from ExtraordinaryJo over at TC but I don't know the name of the file to delete.

Bryen@mac.com

Found It

After some web surfing I found the altered file, but I can't find the original file I need to fix it back!

The file is actually named Phone.prc, which is the normal Palm phone file. I replaced mine on the 600 with the "Aqua" phone skin from TreoEssentials.com. Attached is a picture of how the keys look when you use this altered file. However, on a 650, it takes the custom skin file and lays it on top of the existing gray keys, so the screen looks all jacked up. Again, on mine, only the "1" key was copied over from the 600.

Now... I need the original file to correct mine. If you have a Treo 650 with Sprint service, can you please send me the Phone.prc file you have? You may need a program like Filez to get it. You can copy it to your card and email it from there.

Thanks in advance!!!

Bryen@mac.com
    Well... I attached the image (gif file) but it doesn't seem to be there now... sorry!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails That Custom 1 Button!-aqua2.gif  

I pulled it off the phone but your email isnt in your profile. You can PM me your email or if you want to get the file now just go

1) http://f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/....dir=/&.view=l

2) click the blue "sign in" at the top middle of page

3) put pdadownload in the yahoo user name and palmpda in the pass word box and click sign in

4) click the link in center like this one, or just click this one http://f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/pdadownload

5) click phone

The picture is there, I made a skin for take phone that looks alot like that one. The skin kit is being revised right now by the developer but when its finished the skins will be at the address I gave you if you want to check them out. Heres a sample of a button from each skin.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails That Custom 1 Button!-project0.jpg  
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 03-07-2005 at 11:02 AM.

Bryen@mac.com

Thanks!

Thanks a million!

I also discovered... just tinkering around... if you start from scratch, and by scratch I mean uninstall the Palm Desktop, delete your PalmOne folder in Program Files, and reinstall the disc... The phone WILL revert back to the original skin. That's kind of a pain if you're like me and have a ton of applications you want to keep.

If anybody else chooses this route, I recommend copying your BACKUP and ARCHIVE folders (if not your entire PALMONE folder) to another place, just in case you need something back. Then you can pick and choose what files you want to reinstall after everything is finished.

So... it's much easier to do jamespaulritter's way above. THANK YOU jamespaulritter!!!

Originally posted by TxDot
    I have the same issue but all my buttons are "customized". I'm pretty certain I got the skin from ExtraordinaryJo over at TC but I don't know the name of the file to delete.
    Bryen just downloaded the stock file to replace the custom file. I emailed it to him but you can download it from the directions I left above. If you need it and you cant find it on the url I left I can email it to you. I dont think you have to delete the old file it should just be replaced when you download the stock phone prc.