+ Reply to Thread
    Bryen@mac.com

Another VersaMail Issue

Versamail is driving me crazy, but for some reason I refuse to believe it can't be fixed.

Using my Mac email account, I never had a problem on my Treo 600 sending or receiving email. With Versamail on the 650, I can receive email with no problem. Whenever I try to send I get this error message:

556 5.1.0 Invalid From header.

(Thanks for making THAT one clear!!) I assumed it had something to do with the header of the email, but every address I try does the same thing. I've tried changing Mac back to a POP account, same thing. So, using IMAP or POP, I get the same error trying to send any email, no matter how long or short, attachment or not...

Anybody have this before?

I just had this problem on my new Treo 650. It all started after I had to hard reset my Palm and re-sync my .mac account with versamail via Hotsync. Since then, I would get the

556 5.1.0 Invalid From header

error when I tried to send a message.

However, I figured out a simple fix that worked for me. I created a second .mac account in versamail, and then deleted the first, and now I can send email without any error.

I know iit's 2 years late, but hey

Bryen@mac.com
    Thanks for the reply. I gave up and went with SnapperMail (pricey, but AWESOME app. Works every time and seems more integrated than VersaMail.) When the latest Sprint software update came out, I tried VersaMail again just to see, and the problem seems to have been resolved. Too late though, I already hate the app.

Now I just wish I could uninstall VersaMail from the memory and use the space for something more useful (even Spam would be more useful at this point... lol)

Just curious, are you absolutely positive the 2nd .Mac account you created in VersaMail has the exact same settings?

yep, pretty sure they were identical. i'd even set the same ESMTP advanced setting on the accounts. maybe there's a bug with restoring .mac accounts via hotsync.