View Poll Results: Which do you prefer at startup?

Voters
11. This poll is closed
  • Wallpaper

6 54.55%
  • Dialpad

5 45.45%
+ Reply to Thread
    Brian

Dial Pad or Wallpaper?

Which do you use?

wallpaper

You ?

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    I think the phone display is ugly, the stack phone app address book is lousy and the pop up you get if you accidentaly push the phone button more than once is anoying. I run takephone so that I can take the stock phone app completely out of operation,,, Im sorry was this a gripe poll??? Ow wall paper,,,, I use wallpaper but it on my launcher. Here it is...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dial Pad or Wallpaper?-color_bars.jpg  

Originally posted by jamespaulritter
    I think the phone display is ugly, the stack phone app address book is lousy and the pop up you get if you accidentaly push the phone button more than once is anoying. I run takephone so that I can take the stock phone app completely out of operation,,,
    English please. :p Seriously what does that mean ?

Originally posted by T650
    English please. :p Seriously what does that mean ?
    A couple of typeos, alittle bad spelling, a bit of user slang and is all GREEK

The dialpad dosent look nice and its an odd contrast between the dial pad and the favorites buttons. Is looks funny replacing the diapad with wallpaper also because the picure is to small. the address book is lousy because you cant search for a contact by words in custom fields. and if you have more than 2 phone numbers for each contact you can only show 3 contacts per page while searching. Thats silly theres no reason to display all the numbers with the names while searching for a name. And if you accidentaly push the phone button more than once you get the pop up of call log, dialpad and recent calls. So I use a 3rd party application called takephone http://www.shsh.com/products/ . I do however like to use wall paper on my main screen of my application launcher called megalauncher http://www.megasoft2000.com/document...emplate=Skins6 . Heres my othe r favorite wallpaper
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dial Pad or Wallpaper?-test-pattern.jpg  
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 03-08-2005 at 09:40 AM.

Punchy

Wallpaper for me. In fact I use the old Hawaiian Punch spokesman Punchy
    <--------------He's over there

With the 600 I was using button overlays.

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/411-1.htm

Then it was the dialer pad which was useful with buttons I liked.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

Brian
    Originally posted by T650
    wallpaper

You ?
    I prefer the wallpaper myself. I use the keyboard to dial ( easier to dial on the 650 than 600 IMHO).

I love Martial Arts, and good Kung Fu flicks - this is currently mine lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dial Pad or Wallpaper?-peimai_800.gif  

Brian
    A couple of typeos, alittle bad spelling, a bit of user slang and is all GREEK

The dialpad dosent look nice and its an odd contrast between the dial pad and the favorites buttons. Is looks funny replacing the diapad with wallpaper also because the picure is to small. the address book is lousy because you cant search for a contact by words in custom fields. and if you have more than 2 phone numbers for each contact you can only show 3 contacts per page while searching. Thats silly theres no reason to display all the numbers with the names while searching for a name. And if you accidentaly push the phone button more than once you get the pop up of call log, dialpad and recent calls. So I use a 3rd party application called takephone http://www.shsh.com/products/ . I do however like to use wall paper on my main screen of my application launcher called megalauncher http://www.megasoft2000.com/document...emplate=Skins6 . Heres my othe r favorite wallpaper
    James, whats that picture of? I remember seeing it on the TV at 3 am when i was younger. I wonder if I am old enough to understand it now<?>.
    -B

Fully Undaunted
    Wallpaper - DARTH VADER! May the force be with you!
    Oh... what a tangled web we weave!!

test pattern

Originally posted by BriOnH:
    James, whats that picture of? I remember seeing it on the TV at 3 am when i was younger. I wonder if I am old enough to understand it now<?>.
    -B
    It looks like a television test pattern. IIRC they were transmitted so that the engineers could calibrate thier equipment. The real question is, does he have a verson with the indian chief?
    -CD-

My other favorite is a pic of a snowy screen, you see just a small edge of the T.V. Its kind of freaky, it reminds my of poltergeist. With the test pattern (CellarDweller was right) On mine I lightened the dark spots so my applcation icons stand out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dial Pad or Wallpaper?-mscope%5B1%5D.jpg  

I had this one on there for a bit but i had to take it off because it was freaking me out

I couldnt watch another scarry movie for a month after the ring
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dial Pad or Wallpaper?-ringimage6%5B1%5D.jpg  

Brian
    Originally posted by jamespaulritter <br> I couldnt watch another scarry movie for a month after the ring
    lol! I haven't seen the ring yet, but have seen previews for the sequel. The image alone does look quite freaky.

This is pretty funny - anyone ever have a TI994a? It was my first computer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dial Pad or Wallpaper?-cam%5B1%5D.jpg  
    Last edited by BriOnH; 03-10-2005 at 07:11 PM.

I was curious so I looked up the ti994a, wow it looks like an old atari!!!

what is the device in your picture?

I just recieved to day an apple macintosh messagepad 110 I bought on ebay. Im going to put it in a glass case as a shrine to pda beginnings. Its not the original messagepad but its close, and it was before palm took over the scene, my wife thinks im alittle obsessed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dial Pad or Wallpaper?-tisystem%5B1%5D.jpg  
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 03-10-2005 at 08:38 PM.

here is the messagepad, sorry i didnt resize that other pic, Im at work and dont have access to photoshop
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dial Pad or Wallpaper?-5620.jpg  

Brian
    I was curious so I looked up the ti994a, wow it looks like an old atari!!!

what is the device in your picture?

I just recieved to day an apple macintosh messagepad 110 I bought on ebay. Im going to put it in a glass case as a shrine to pda beginnings. Its not the original messagepad but its close, and it was before palm took over the scene, my wife thinks im alittle obsessed
    Wow! Thanks for posting that pic! I had just the keyboard/cpu unit hooked up to a cassete recorder (for storage) and a black and white tv. I think that unit under the monitor in the pic might be a hd. I was about 8 years old when I had it. ahh the memories!! lol.

That's not my device, i just liked the picture and the fact that it had the ti994a startup screen on it.

The message pad is awesome! You have inspired me to look for the ti994a on ebay!
    -B

lol,,,,, thats going to be some expensive shipping

50 pounds of nolstalgia hehehe,,,,,,