View Poll Results: Which do you prefer at startup?

Voters
11. This poll is closed
  • Wallpaper

    6 54.55%
  • Dialpad

    5 45.45%
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Brian
    Join Date
    06-28-2003
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    209

    Dial Pad or Wallpaper?

    Which do you use?

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-07-2005
    Posts
    14
    wallpaper

    You ?

  3. #3
    Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-19-2004
    Posts
    791
    I think the phone display is ugly, the stack phone app address book is lousy and the pop up you get if you accidentaly push the phone button more than once is anoying. I run takephone so that I can take the stock phone app completely out of operation,,, Im sorry was this a gripe poll??? Ow wall paper,,,, I use wallpaper but it on my launcher. Here it is...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dial Pad or Wallpaper?-color_bars.jpg  

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-07-2005
    Posts
    14
    Originally posted by jamespaulritter
    I think the phone display is ugly, the stack phone app address book is lousy and the pop up you get if you accidentaly push the phone button more than once is anoying. I run takephone so that I can take the stock phone app completely out of operation,,,
    English please. :p Seriously what does that mean ?

  5. #5
    Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-19-2004
    Posts
    791
    Originally posted by T650
    English please. :p Seriously what does that mean ?
    A couple of typeos, alittle bad spelling, a bit of user slang and is all GREEK

    The dialpad dosent look nice and its an odd contrast between the dial pad and the favorites buttons. Is looks funny replacing the diapad with wallpaper also because the picure is to small. the address book is lousy because you cant search for a contact by words in custom fields. and if you have more than 2 phone numbers for each contact you can only show 3 contacts per page while searching. Thats silly theres no reason to display all the numbers with the names while searching for a name. And if you accidentaly push the phone button more than once you get the pop up of call log, dialpad and recent calls. So I use a 3rd party application called takephone http://www.shsh.com/products/ . I do however like to use wall paper on my main screen of my application launcher called megalauncher http://www.megasoft2000.com/document...emplate=Skins6 . Heres my othe r favorite wallpaper
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dial Pad or Wallpaper?-test-pattern.jpg  
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 03-08-2005 at 09:40 AM.

  6. #6
    Registered User CellarDweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-02-2004
    Location
    N. Carolina
    Posts
    22

    Punchy

    Wallpaper for me. In fact I use the old Hawaiian Punch spokesman Punchy
    <--------------He's over there

  7. #7
    Registered User IvanLasston's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-07-2005
    Location
    Colorado Front Range
    Posts
    2,006
    With the 600 I was using button overlays.

    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/411-1.htm

    Then it was the dialer pad which was useful with buttons I liked.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

  8. #8
    Brian
    Join Date
    06-28-2003
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    209
    Originally posted by T650
    wallpaper

    You ?
    I prefer the wallpaper myself. I use the keyboard to dial ( easier to dial on the 650 than 600 IMHO).

    I love Martial Arts, and good Kung Fu flicks - this is currently mine lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dial Pad or Wallpaper?-peimai_800.gif  

  9. #9
    Brian
    Join Date
    06-28-2003
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    209
    Originally posted by jamespaulritter
    A couple of typeos, alittle bad spelling, a bit of user slang and is all GREEK

    The dialpad dosent look nice and its an odd contrast between the dial pad and the favorites buttons. Is looks funny replacing the diapad with wallpaper also because the picure is to small. the address book is lousy because you cant search for a contact by words in custom fields. and if you have more than 2 phone numbers for each contact you can only show 3 contacts per page while searching. Thats silly theres no reason to display all the numbers with the names while searching for a name. And if you accidentaly push the phone button more than once you get the pop up of call log, dialpad and recent calls. So I use a 3rd party application called takephone http://www.shsh.com/products/ . I do however like to use wall paper on my main screen of my application launcher called megalauncher http://www.megasoft2000.com/document...emplate=Skins6 . Heres my othe r favorite wallpaper
    James, whats that picture of? I remember seeing it on the TV at 3 am when i was younger. I wonder if I am old enough to understand it now<?>.
    -B

  10. #10
    Fully Undaunted
    Join Date
    09-04-2004
    Posts
    85
    Wallpaper - DARTH VADER! May the force be with you!
    Oh... what a tangled web we weave!!

  11. #11
    Registered User CellarDweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-02-2004
    Location
    N. Carolina
    Posts
    22

    test pattern

    Originally posted by BriOnH:
    James, whats that picture of? I remember seeing it on the TV at 3 am when i was younger. I wonder if I am old enough to understand it now<?>.
    -B
    It looks like a television test pattern. IIRC they were transmitted so that the engineers could calibrate thier equipment. The real question is, does he have a verson with the indian chief?
    -CD-

  12. #12
    Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-19-2004
    Posts
    791
    My other favorite is a pic of a snowy screen, you see just a small edge of the T.V. Its kind of freaky, it reminds my of poltergeist. With the test pattern (CellarDweller was right) On mine I lightened the dark spots so my applcation icons stand out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dial Pad or Wallpaper?-mscope%5B1%5D.jpg  

  13. #13
    Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-19-2004
    Posts
    791
    I had this one on there for a bit but i had to take it off because it was freaking me out

    I couldnt watch another scarry movie for a month after the ring
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dial Pad or Wallpaper?-ringimage6%5B1%5D.jpg  

  14. #14
    Brian
    Join Date
    06-28-2003
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    209
    Originally posted by jamespaulritter <br> I couldnt watch another scarry movie for a month after the ring
    lol! I haven't seen the ring yet, but have seen previews for the sequel. The image alone does look quite freaky.

    This is pretty funny - anyone ever have a TI994a? It was my first computer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dial Pad or Wallpaper?-cam%5B1%5D.jpg  
    Last edited by BriOnH; 03-10-2005 at 07:11 PM.

  15. #15
    Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-19-2004
    Posts
    791
    I was curious so I looked up the ti994a, wow it looks like an old atari!!!

    what is the device in your picture?

    I just recieved to day an apple macintosh messagepad 110 I bought on ebay. Im going to put it in a glass case as a shrine to pda beginnings. Its not the original messagepad but its close, and it was before palm took over the scene, my wife thinks im alittle obsessed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dial Pad or Wallpaper?-tisystem%5B1%5D.jpg  
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 03-10-2005 at 08:38 PM.

  16. #16
    Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-19-2004
    Posts
    791
    here is the messagepad, sorry i didnt resize that other pic, Im at work and dont have access to photoshop
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dial Pad or Wallpaper?-5620.jpg  

  17. #17
    Brian
    Join Date
    06-28-2003
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    209
    Originally posted by jamespaulritter
    I was curious so I looked up the ti994a, wow it looks like an old atari!!!

    what is the device in your picture?

    I just recieved to day an apple macintosh messagepad 110 I bought on ebay. Im going to put it in a glass case as a shrine to pda beginnings. Its not the original messagepad but its close, and it was before palm took over the scene, my wife thinks im alittle obsessed
    Wow! Thanks for posting that pic! I had just the keyboard/cpu unit hooked up to a cassete recorder (for storage) and a black and white tv. I think that unit under the monitor in the pic might be a hd. I was about 8 years old when I had it. ahh the memories!! lol.

    That's not my device, i just liked the picture and the fact that it had the ti994a startup screen on it.

    The message pad is awesome! You have inspired me to look for the ti994a on ebay!
    -B

  18. #18
    Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-19-2004
    Posts
    791
    lol,,,,, thats going to be some expensive shipping

    50 pounds of nolstalgia hehehe,,,,,,

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts