+ Reply to Thread
    3D Software / VR Developer ferneau's Avatar

PalmSource Email Client for Blackberry

I'm not sure if anyone has seen this or not but I noticed it for the first time today:

http://www.palmsource.com/palmos/mailblackberry.html

There's also a link for a PDF spec sheet on the product.

It was reported to be coming out when the Treo 650 was first announced. Recently there was news of it being in beta and hopefully to be released soon. I didn't know about the website for it though.
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

Excuse my ignorance, but whats the difference between this and snappermail for example?

Alex - yes, it's been announced for quite some time but this is the first *REAL* thing I've seen.

Davidoff --> Snapper Mail does not handle push mail. The reason some people really are waiting for this is that they *should* be able to use their 650 with their company's existing Blackberry server setup.

This is great news for "corporate" Palm users. The only question remains is when will it be released.

Agreed. In fact, just two weeks ago a friend who was trying out the 650 decided that any of the "cobbled" together push solutions weren't enough. He was the lone Treo person in a company using Blackberrys and they wouldn't buy into the Good solution.

He jumped shipped (paid $300 breakaway fee/pentalty to Sprint) and bought a Blackberry. He's VERY happy with it's messaging and even its U/I.

He won't come back to Palm.

On the other hand, in the same week a person I know walked up to me and said that I'd converted him! He was a Blackberry user and I convinced him on the Treo 650 -- he's ecstatic & probably won't go back to BB...

It was a strange week.