+ Reply to Thread

Treo 650 & Verizon

Has anybody heard a time frame on when Verizon will offer the Treo 650?

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    some say a month, some say 4 months, some say when all the 600 sell.

some have already been wrong http://www.engadget.com/entry/1400731206441496

Sprint vice pres say they will be the only ones with 650 for awhile, I guess awhile means only a few months cause its already offered by other carriers http://news.com.com/Want+a+Treo+650+...3-5425737.html so you cant even listen to vice pres at sprint

Of course you could just make your own or buy one already hacked TREO 650 on Verizon

If it were me, I wouldnt wait. I would buy from what was available and sell it whenever what I realy wanted came on the market. Continuously waiting for a release of a better product never ends.

Was planning to buy a Treo 600 today and the Verizon store sales rep quietly suggested I might want to hold off because the 650 release was imminent (next couple of weeks) - sounds like there has been some internal meetings about the intro. I decided to wait (for either the 650 or the price to drop even more on the 600)...so it's either coming out soon, or that rep gave up a sale for no reason! Of course I plan to fight the MOU battle because there is no way I'm paying the $45 when my use of the net and email is sporatic at best.

I would'nt get a 600 even if they dropped to 100.00. Compared to the 650 the screen on the 600 is sickening. I didnt wait 1 second for the 650. As soon as I herd Verizon wasnt going to be offering it right away I paid the 175.00 contract end fee and called up sprint and ordered my 650 and got it the 1st week they were available. Of course in this area of Shawnee, Kansas you get droped calls on Verizon.

I've had my 600 since Aug 2004, and am glad I upgraded from the 7135. The 600 is a much better device.

But the 650 is even better. I'm definatly buying it once it comes out. I don't know if I could wait for the 650 if I still had my 7135.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 -> Palm IIIxe - Treo 650 - Tungsten T3

You could continuously wait for better products and never buy anything because there is always something bettter supposedly comming out in a month or 2 (reality a month or 10). But the 650 Is a kind of plateau:

1) The processor is fast enough so actualy browse the internet.
    2) The screen is hi resoulution.
    3) It cant get any smaller only thinner, no one wants a smaller screen or keyboard.
    4) With the 5-way I dont see how it could get any easier

Im sure there are buisness people who would argue for bluetooth (whatever is missing from that) and wifi and evdo (if I spelled those right) whatever all that junk is . I guess it would be nice if the antenna got lost and this phone got thin enough to fold like a clamshell but otherwise It's a phone you can stay with for a few years

Originally posted by blues
    I've had my 600 since Aug 2004, and am glad I upgraded from the 7135. The 600 is a much better device.

But the 650 is even better. I'm definatly buying it once it comes out. I don't know if I could wait for the 650 if I still had my 7135.
    blues, buddy, I realy like that pic In your avatar , any way you could mail me the uncut version?

And I second the John Lee Hooker sentiment