+ Reply to Thread

reducing phone lag

I just installed PXA Clocker after reading about it in several posts on TreoCentral.

http://www.hexview.com/pxaclocker/index.html

It has virtually eliminated the lag when pressing the phone button to initalize the phone application, to "wake up" the phone and most importantly (to me) eliminates the lag when speed dialing.

I Clocked to 507mhz.

So far only 1 soft reset right after pressing the phone button right after setting up the app.

I will post any good/bad experiences with it as I run into them.

It seems to be working great. I have my Treo 650 clocked at 570 mhz and no problems so far. Let's hope this works.
    Do they test these things before they send them out?

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar

Smile

So has this application sped up your processors power? Are you using the clocker lite or pro? Are all your functions running faster? Keep us posted. If it works for you this might be a great thing

I am using Clocker Lite.

Clocker Pro allows you to OC peripherals and will automatically turn back on after a reset. With Lite you have to go in and turn it back on after each reset.

I am only Overclocking the applications that run noticably slow.

Acid Image
    Documents to Go
    Phone
    Blazer

These apps load faster and run much better at my "conservative" setting of 507.

I am not "wholesale" overclocking the system for two reasons;

1) Most likely reducing the battery lie.
    2) Possibly bringing my Treo to a premature end.

The latter is much more of a concern to me.

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    the only hangups I have right now is an 80 meg encyclopedia that pulls up 1500 titles per page so it runs slow and of course the phone is slow to connect when trying to make a call. could you check back in a week and let us know if you run into any concerns? I just got issues with documents to go settled and dont want to see a reset screen for awhile.

I just got issues with documents to go settled and dont want to see a reset screen for awhile.
    I am not "wholesale" overclocking the system for two reasons;

1) Most likely reducing the battery lie.
    2) Possibly bringing my Treo to a premature end.
    You bring up a great point.
    Actually, my number one reason is stability followed by the other two.

I have had no exceptionally unusual behavior yet. I will report back in a week.

By the way jamespaul, weclome to the other side! I remember you from the 7135 forum.

yeah i'm using pxa clocker too....but for some reason i can't get over 468mhz.....i'm seeing people are getting 507-570mhz...what gives??how much free memory/ version of the t650 do you guys with 507mhz+ speed have?i know the overclock is different for each device,but it would be helpful to know additional info for each clock so people can get a 'rough-draft' of the over-all process..thanx in advance!!
    !!!Uno...Dós....Tréo!!!

Well, with a little more than a week using it, I can say that it is rock solid at 428, pretty stable at 468 and very unstable at 507mhz and up.

I run a pretty full system. I never have more than 24% free space. At times, if I'm not watching my browser cache and Versamail, I have been down to 5% free space.

How is it going with those using PXA Clocker. I'm trying it on a few apps but don't fully understand all the setting that are available. I had one reset but fortunately BackBuddy runs every night and the restore was painless.

What settings should I alter to adjust the speed?