+ Reply to Thread

Thread: best bluetooth

best bluetooth

what is the best bluetooth headset to use with the 650.i have the sony hbh660 and it works ok but the caller id doesnt work correctly and the volume is a little bit low

This is a good headset combo...

As other posts will attest, the HBH-660 is thought to be a good headset in combo with a Treo 650. You should definitely download BTMute to fix the volume problem. I have not head Caller ID issues so I am not sure what to recommend on that front.

Umm....what is BTMute ? What does it do ? How much ? Where to get it ?

You may also want to try purchasing some Jabra ear gels (~$5) from Radio Shack. I hear they make a big difference in volume, especially when used with the HBH-660.

BTMute

From what I can tell, BTMute automates the double-push of the mute button during each call. It is known that on the T650, doing this will double the volume of most BT headsets. Try this link:

https://mytreo.net/store/product.php?xProd=42

I believe it costs under $5.00 and a free trial is available.

Good luck!
    - Steve

I had a Jabra 250 and hated it. Lots of static, slow connection with phone.

I have the HBH660. It's a HUGE improvement.
    Connects fast almost 100% of the time.
    Caller ID usually works, but the screen is so small that I'm usually too impatient to wait for the number to scroll across the screen anyway.

I have a feeling that almost any headset you try is going to be a downgrade from this one. I know a lot of people on this site swear by the Cardio Scala. It is definitely cheaper than the 660.

Try these, They work great and allow you to dispense of the ear clip:
    http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...t%5Fid=43-2009

Now if I do the "mute trick" they're too loud!

Re: BTMute

Originally posted by sgoldwa
    From what I can tell, BTMute automates the double-push of the mute button during each call. It is known that on the T650, doing this will double the volume of most BT headsets. Try this link:

https://mytreo.net/store/product.php?xProd=42

I believe it costs under $5.00 and a free trial is available.

Good luck!
    - Steve

This is what it says on that link:

"This program restores the volume in BT headsets on Treo 650's. Simply start this program and enable the mute option and your volume going to your BlueTooth headset will be increased. "

What does enable the mute actually mean ? Press mute button ? Won't that make it mute instead of raising the volume ? Hmmm...

And what does it mean by start the program ? If your phone rings, do you start the program then answer the phone ? Hmmmm...

Sorry, these are dumb questions but I am just trying to understand it right.

Step by step, you can manually emulate what BTMute does by dialing a number on the phone, then pressing Mute twice (the first time you press it, you should notice a doubling of volume in the bluetooth headset; the second push UNmutes the microphone while keeping the volume high).

When you buy and install BTMute, everything is automated. When you dial a number or receive an incoming call, the program kicks in (without any user intervention) and simulates a double-press of the mute button. The only thing you need to worry about is setting the program up in the first place. For the HBH-660, I have found 5 seconds for incoming calls, and 15 seconds for outgoing calls to work well. Please see other documentation on pdaphonehome.com if you want to learn more about these time settings.

Good luck.

Steve

Thanks a lot. I just downloaded BTMute. Haven't used the phone since. What did you mean by setting up the program ? How do I do it ? And where on pdaphonehome.com can I find more info on this app ?

PDAphone Fan n Part time Mod. That70sGAdawg's Avatar
    I have an Motorola 810. The connection is consistant for 10-15 feet. Sound quality B-, battery A, lag time 1-2 second to my unlocked 650 on Cingular. Here is a compatibility list of headsets from PalmOne:
    http://www.palmone.com/us/support/bl...atibility.html
    Enjoying carrying only one communications device for all...

You may also want to try purchasing some Jabra ear gels (~$5) from Radio Shack. I hear they make a big difference in volume, especially when used with the HBH-660.
    How do make those Jabra ear gels stay on the HBH-660? I love it with the ear gel, but it keeps popping off.

Jeff
    Last edited by blulite; 05-14-2005 at 06:26 AM.