+ Reply to Thread

Trio 650 w/ Lotus Notes

I am a Sprint User thinking of getting the Trio 650 but need it to work with Lotus Notes.
    Any information you can share about getting Trio 650 to Synch with Lotus Notes is appreciated.

Would it work at all?
    Would it work out of the box or additional software is needed? Cost of additional SW?
    Any known issues?
    What are the workarounds of the issues, if any?

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    There are many solutions to this. I use Lotus EasySync Pro which works great, but there are many other solutions ranging from simple to exotic. Intellisync is one, and mNotes from commontime.com is another. I'm going to move this thread to the Treo 650 forum.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Get Pylon Pro. It is by far the most comprehensive, and it allows you to sync with Lotus databases as well.

Sprint Business Connector (aka www.seven.com) also syncs with Lotus Notes. However, its an application on the phone itself that permits you realtime access to your email, corpate address books and calendar.... it is not a conduit to sync/convert your lotus notes address book, calender and mail data into the Treos existing applications.

Personaly I use Intellisync and Sprint Business Connector. The intellisync is used mainly to sync up my Personal address book from Notes into the phones address book. I use the Business connector app on the phone to remotely sync up my Notes email and calendar.

pylon will sync more than just your calendar and address book too, which makes it very interesting (to me at least). to my knowledge it's the only product that'll do more than just the PIM stuff - if that's what you're looking for.

of course, i can't get it to work, but that's a separate problem

doody.

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    I would say that mNotes is the most comprehensive... it actually lets your PDA act like a replicated Notes device... which is pretty slick. I had big problems trying to remove Pylon from my system, but that was several years ago. I had to hard reset the device and reinstall everything to get rid of it when I went to EasySync Pro (which our company uses).
    Mike - Been Converged?

MNOTES

This definitely is the best. I had Easy Sync & Pylon, but Mnotes is by far much better.

Interesting responses, thanks! I am only interested in the Treo 650 though.

So, to Sync Lotus Notes Calendar, Address Book and read Email:
    1) Lotus EasySync Pro - Yes
    2) mNotes - yes
    3) Business Connector - No. Access email but does not synch calendar or address book.
    4) Intellisync - No. Sync up Notes email and calendar but not address book

Looks like mNote does it all (Sync Lotus Notes Calendar and Address Book and read Email), correct?

Originally posted by mlindie
    4) Intellisync - No. Sync up Notes email and calendar but not address book
    [/B]
    Intellisync will do the personal address book, and also To-do/tasks.

Lotus Notes

Excellent results with Lotus Notes hookup both with Hot Sync connection and Intellisync dialup thru Cingular. Email, calendar and contacts all replicate. Our IT folks set it up, worked the first time. Cheers

I have been using mNotes (previously Cadenza) for three years now and remain very pleased with its reliability and features. The email support from Commontime is excellent.

I use mNotes on both a Kyocera 7135 and an HP 4350. There is also a Symbian mNotes client. A way of planning for differing possible futures while still having Palm support for today.

One feature that mNotes has that has been very helpful is that it replicates both your Notes Journal database as well as the usual mail, addresses, to-do's, and calendars. By having the mNotes server software on your Domino server, you can easily be in immediate contact with your office from just about anywhere.

I still prefer the Blackberry as an office tool but I need analog service so mNotes and my 7135 remain my only workable alternatives.

Lotus Email with Palm?

Dumb noob question:

Our IT guys told me it was impossible to link Lotus Email to Palm devices with current sync programs.

Does this mean the ability to put any messages on the device or to receive new messages? Or are they wrong?

Help!!

Thanks,

Dan

Yes, on this point they are wrong. I use a Kyocera 7135 - Palm operating system - on the Telus CMDA 1x wireless network. I have the mNotes palm client installed on my Kyocera (www.commontime.com) and replicate (not sync) with my desktop Lotus Notes client (mail, address book, calender, to-do's, and personal journal) using Palm HotSync.

I also have the mNotes server software running on my firm server (no additional cost for the server software). I can then replicate wirelessly with my firm's Domino server using mNotes. The process is similar to the replication process used on my PC by Lotus notes to replicate with my firm's Domino server.

In other words, yes I can create email on my Palm based Kyocera 7135 and then when I replicate with my firm's Domino server via the Telus 1x wireless network, my Domino server sends out the email just as if I had created it on my PC using Lotus Notes.

I can't comment upon Pylon or the other alternatives but mNotes does work well for me and has been cheap and reliable for the three years or so that I have been using it. Also it is a lot easier carrying my Kyocera and its folding keyboard when travelling than a laptop and all associated gadgets.

I was hooked in the usual way. I downloaded the mNotes Palm client and used their free thirty day trial period. Naturally I was then dependent upon mNotes and paid over the $80.00 for the full licence (Palm client software and server software).

Usual disclaimer - I have no association with commontime other than as a customer (and addict) and your mileage may vary. However, it does work for me.

Since I hate graffiti and the other stylus based alternatives, I will probably switch to the Trio 650 once Telus confirms that it works on their network. Since BC is all mountains, not all mobile phones/pdaphones are able to handle our terrain.

Good luck.