+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Treo 650 Case

Treo 650 Case

Has anyone tried/bought or have an opinion on the leather latch case offered by PalmOne?

Leather Latch Case

If this is not the one to get, which is the best, from a functional as well as protective standpoint?

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    the good:

1) since its a lock/release swivel its easy to pop it off the hip and use it without removing the holster
    2) its a very solid well made case

the bad:

1) the phone is not ment to be removed from the holster regularly, its alittle tough to do. So if you use a car mount for gps it going to be a pain, or if you set yours down on the table for use like a tablet its a pain
    2) This phone sticks out farther from the hip than any other lock/release swivel I ave ever seen, so since it faces out thats something like useing you treo as a hood ornament and driving into oncoming traffic
    3) the side pieces that hold the phone come so close to the screen that they obstruct use of the edges of the screen with the finger
    4) the holster itself is made to be very rigid so as to offer open use of the phone while holding it securely therefore the holster is very thick giving it a bulky look

But if you realy like it its cheaper here http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-24--115.htm

what are you looking for in a case maybey I can make a suggestion
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 03-22-2005 at 11:44 PM.

I've actually read the thread comparing the proclip vs. seidio and it seems that neither is perfect.

Any comments on the Sena case?

Here's the link to Sena

Also, any comments on the aluminum cases?

InnoPocket 650

Does the aluminum affect the signal strength like it does for the xv6600?

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Don't forget to check our shop for accessories... http://www.pdaphone.com/shop/index.p...ategory/id/48/

EB Case went back to their classic "Slipper" design for the 650, which I like better than the design they tried on the 600. That would be my pick.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Originally posted by ejrkhp
    I've actually read the thread comparing the proclip vs. seidio and it seems that neither is perfect.

Any comments on the Sena case?

Also, any comments on the aluminum cases?

Does the aluminum affect the signal strength like it does for the xv6600?
    Ya, neither Proclip nor Seidio are perfect

Proclip offers the smallest lightest easiest to use holster

Seidio offers a stronger holster with the lowest profile racheting swivel around, and now hand polished contact points on all there products to prevent wear, which I can testify to as I use my Seidio clip type holster heavily with no damage

It's funny you mention that Sena case as it will be arriving at 3pm today, I will have a complete review after I run it through the ringer and jog around the park,,,,,,,, maybey by 5pm today in the proclip vs seidio thread

As for the Aluminum case, I have no clue

Convergent I checked out the slipper case, Its nice. I will need to find a case that offers that kind of protection when I become more active at work and get out of my little office and away from my little computer Is it possible to tag on "and other cases" to my proclip vs seidio subject line ?

Thanks for the comments. I'll wait for your review before making a decision.

Hey ejrkhp what do think of this one http://www.bellagiodesigns.com/showp...1072?language=

Ouch. I just read your Sena review. I agree - the leather is too thin and the clip is too wide. The Bellagio looks nice as well as the EB. Any plans to review either, or possibly the Krussel (choice of clips)?

Ed

Im sorry Im on my 7th Im going to need one idea per sentence without abbreviations, acronyms, user slang and any words over 3 sylables

The Belligio is my next choice if the Nutshell dosent work out. Im not sure what EB is,,,This Krussel http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-20--145.htm isnt an option for me since it has plastic over the screen,,, And what did you want to know abou Krussel clips, I just got a few yesterday,,,,,

Ive looked at alot, alot of cases and holsters, what kind of holster would suit you If you were going to make one?

I own a Bellagio open-face and I'm quite happy with it. It's vert sturdy, and has a metal frame inside the leather that surrounds the screen. Overall, very sturdy, and a very good fit. I just wish the belt clip were positioned 1cm higher on the back. As it it it seems to be right at the center of gravity, so the phone ends up rotating into a variety of unpredictable positions.

JPR,

EB is the brand sold on this site

With regard to the Krusell, if you thought it was good, I wanted to pick your brain on the clip choice. However, I agree, I think the plastic cover is not ideal.

BTW, I just read a review of the aluminum case:

Innopocket review

The Bellagio sounds good.

I think it will come down to the aluminum case vs. the Bellagio. The Nutshell is too ugly.

Ed

If you go with Bellagio I would be real interested to know how you like it,,,,,

For me the aluminum case is to an option,,,, to geeky

Ya the nutshell is ugly,,,, It reminds me of the kind of cases you see rednecks using for their cigarette packs or pocket knives,,,

But vanity has given away to basic needs, The ability to go from hip to shooting a picture before my babies move and back to hip again in time to stop them from what their about to do,,,

I forgot to mention the one shortcoming with the bellagio - No opening for the IR port. Not a big problem if you're handy with an exacto knife.

How far out does the Bellagio stick out with the clip?

About 1" from the outer surface of the belt to the face of the T650

Originally posted by Agit-Propt-Prop
    About 1" from the outer surface of the belt to the face of the T650
    That sounds like the norm for a lock/release case, but for any one use to the 1/16 of an inch from belt to treo when using clips like Seidio, Proclip, Krusell (non-swivel type), Nutshell or Codi sport then that 1 full inch seem like the differnce (between close, safe, out of the way) and (protruding like a hip anomaly).

But If my next case dosent work I'm going to take the ones I have and with a box knife, supper glue, thread and needle, duct tape and maybey alittle chewing gum Im going to make a case,

I have the innopocket case. While moving a computer in the office I banged it against a corner of a desk. Now the screen is cracked But the Treo I healthy! I am a big fan of this case. Sure you could just spend the $4 and $35 replacement charge with lockline. But I don't want to wait.
    I now understand that they have a new Magnesium case out which is dark, lighter and stronger. They say
    LINK HERE

I use the Rivet clip on my case its great, they sent me a screw on attactment to allow the Rivet system to work on the Innopocket case. Great match .

I read on another post that Treo owners buy the largest amount of cases in the market. The Innopocket is my case version #4 for me (skin case, Belligo,krussel flip and Innopocket)

how about you.

That magnesium case is very nice looking, I am shocked at how good it looks. The aluminum case I think is very geekey but the dark magnesium takes all the nerd out of the look, but still wouldnt work for my needs

I have had:
    1) Seidio clip type (still using as primary holster)
    2) Proclip clip option (snaped in half the first time I cought it on something, gave it away with swivel clip option)
    3) Seidio cradle type (freebie gave it away)
    4) Pacific Rim front facing, leather, plastic over screen, holster (5 bucks for them to ship it to me, 5 bucks to ship it back)
    5) Sena front facing, leather, open screen and keyboard case (5 bucks to ship to me and 5 to ship back to Sena)
    6) Pacific Rim front facing open access leyboard and screen leather case (5 to ship, 5 to ship back)
    7) Nutshell (on its way from New Zealand{I got high hopes for this one})
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 03-30-2005 at 07:36 AM.

I'm trying to keep the number of cases purchased as low as possible!

g.711, who sent you the adapter for the Treo to attach to the Rivet system? I didn't see it on the Rivet web site.

Ed

Originally posted by ejrkhp
    I'm trying to keep the number of cases purchased as low as possible!

g.711, who sent you the adapter for the Treo to attach to the Rivet system? I didn't see it on the Rivet web site.

Ed
    I emailed Rivet Sales Support, there reply asked for my address and they sent it .

Great support.