+ Reply to Thread

Seidio Shield Holster, attn: David Chang

I just bought and received this holster:

http://store.treocentral.com/content/accessories/4-24--154.htm

After about two or three insertion/removal cycles, my brand new 650 is starting to show what is being shown in this picture:

Note: the picture is taken from GhengisEEK, from this related post:

Proclip Vs. Seidio

You mentioned that there is a new version, with a "hand polished" clip. It appears that the clip of my holster IS hand polished but it is still rubbing off the paint. How CAN one tell if I have the newer version of the holster. Even with the relatively smooth clip, it is still rubbing off the paint.

I am otherwise reasonably happy with the design so far. I just haven't been using it in fear that I will further deterioate the paint.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    JAMES.

My experience with holsters (ANY holster) is that paint will be rubbed off the device. If you have constant rubbing on a painted surface, it is practically impossible to prevent. Hence, I don't use holsters anymore.

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    I have been using the Seidio clip type heavily for 5 months and have no wear. As far as I know it is only the Seidio cradle type that does this. And "supposedly" it is only the earlier versions without the polished contact spots. Have you contacted Seidio directly?

I haven't contacted Seidio. I saw David's posts here so I thought this thread might help others. I might do that if David does not respond.

I too have used many other holsters that do not cause any acute wear. I am also interested to find out if I have the newer version or not. It is somewhat polished but still has rough spots.

JAMES.
    ----------Current Devices-----------
    Nextel: Motorola i95CL, i870, i930
    Sprint: Sony Ericsson T608, AirPrime CDMA PCMCIA

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    Yours must be non-polished mine is as smooth as buttered glass. David is MIA, I sent him an email and put up a post of general questions 2 months ago and he is A-Wall with no reply.

Davis mail box is reportedly over run http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=Seidio+david

heres another contact Seidio rma@seidio.com
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 03-30-2005 at 05:32 PM.