+ Reply to Thread

Question Where can I get a 650 install disc for Sprint?

I bought my phone off eBay, not realizing that it didnt come with a cd. Where can I get one?

Administrator
    you only need the palm desktop so go to palm.com/support and grab it there..

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    I was curious about that one so I looked it up, here it is as far as I can tell http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...tem,CASE=34069

Well, I found my answer. the Treo 650 has a special palm desktop version. It is NOT downloadable. So I begged a guy at the local PCS store, and have uploaded the disc image to limewire. See my other post.
    Thanks for your help.

Jerry Keel
    Well, I download Limewire just for the CD. I only found a wmv and a jpg file. I still need a copy of the CD. Did I do something wrong?

search for "treo 650 install"

Jerry Keel
    I did a search for "Treo 650 Install CD" and the results listed two files, one had an extension of .wma and the other had the extension of .jpg. I downloaded both. The wma file played a video of what looked like an ad for IPOD. The jpg file appeared to be a single shot from the video.

I downloaded the free version of Limewire. Could that be a problem?

I dont that would have anything to do with it. I dont know what is going on, I have it open on my computer, and tried tos earch with another computer and it doesnt show up for some reason. I will look into it and post if I find anything. I know it works, I have had 4 people download it so far. It should be out there.

Call Sprint and tell them you need a replacement CD. They can have one sent out to you.

Jerry Keel
    I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with Sprint and they finally were able to order a disk for me, bu it will be about 10 days before it arrives. I was hoping to be able to download before then. I will take what I can get. Thanx, jc9995, for even offering to make it available. It's people like that who make the boards a great asset.

According to limeiwre, sometimes they limit search results to a smaller raduis. They say to keep trying and once the bandwicth is freed up again, you will find the file you are looking for.

By the way. I called my local sprint store. They said I had to get it from Palm one. Depends on who you talk to, some of them will get it for you, the lazy ones wont. Just keep trying I guess.