+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy new 650 won't go on web or send/rec email

I migrated my 6 yr old AT&T account and purchased the 650 from Cingular earlier today--after waiting months for it.

Other than make and receive calls and take photos it won't go on the web. Versa Mail and Xpress Mail (Cingular) are not working either.

I tried formatting the POP3 to gmail and I get an error.

This is highly frustrating especially with a $550 price tag.

Any ideas on what to do? Cingular CS is a waste of time. By the time I was done with them I was in tears.

I thought the Treo would simplify my life but after hours on end of trying to make it work I am mad as hell.

Thanks!

PDAphone Fan n Part time Mod. That70sGAdawg's Avatar
    Your network settings must be wrong. When I got my unlocked model - to use on Cingular- I had to call 2nd level support to get the "proxy" setting right on the unlocked model. Since then it works great for all.
    Try again to walk throught the settings with tech support. Call on a land line, be sure to say "PDA" after the tech support voice prompts, and have them go throught the settings.
    The only other thing it could be besides a bad unit is the Sim card. Some of the 64 bit orange ones have trouble with the Treo. Get a 32 bit orange, or a blue AT&T if possible.

Or take it back for another and try to find a store tech that knows anything about Treo/Sim card compatibility - good luck with that! There are many working models out there and happy users.
    Enjoying carrying only one communications device for all...

Unhappy making progress...

After getting level two help from Cingular tech support and spending what seems like ages figuring everything out I now have my pop3 Gmail working through xpress mail (what a pain to configure!) and I'm taking photos and moblogging away.

Versa Mail doesn't work yet. I'll call Palm tomorrow but I really think with the other option it really isn't necessary to use both.

But what's with the quality of the calls? There seems to be a bit of an echo or delay. Disappointing! Any tips?

Also, which case do you recommend? I purchased a $40 at Sprint yesterday, an ugly looking leather case and I feel totally ripped off. Is the titanium or aluminum better? Any feedback on those? Where to buy for less?

THANKS a bunch for your help!

PDAphone Fan n Part time Mod. That70sGAdawg's Avatar
    If you hear an echo - Turn down the volume. With headsets, that helps.

As far as Cases, There is now a leather case at Sprint stores that is like the Treo 600 cases, it's thin, has a removable clip, and a removable screen cover. I picked one up last week, and I like it but can't decide if I need to cut the plastic out over the keyboard - or not for better typing.

Here is a link:

http://www.sprintpcsaccessories.com/...92&mfg=palmOne

It's the $39.00 case half way down.
    Enjoying carrying only one communications device for all...