+ Reply to Thread

Treo 650 Install CD... here it is.

After an exhaustive search of trying to download this, I decided to take matters into my own hands.
    The Treo 650 uses a special Palm desktop, which is currently unavailable on the web, ANYWHERE! Including Palmone!?
    So I went to my local PCS store and literally had to beg and plead to get a CD. They said they would "trade" me a CD, for signing up the for that damn long distance they push so hard. I sort of freaked out on the poor guy, since after all it took me 1-1/2 days and 4 phone calls to finally find a service person that could get my phone working. AND since EVERY FREAKING time you call CS they pitch this long distance to you, I sort of flipped out on him. He gave it to me, free.
    SO, I have imaged the CD, and am sharing it on Limewire for all to have. Just search "treo 650 install cd".
    No one should have to go through what I did for a CD.
    Be aware though. I understand thet this version of Palm Desktop, ONLY works with the 650, so I wouldnt recommend it for anything else.

What a scam you went through. I walked into the Sprint store across the street where I work in downtown San Francisco and the guy just gave it to me.

Thanks for making it available!
    In a real emergency, we would have all fled in terror, and you would not have been notified.

"treo 650 install cd"

You're a champ for having done this and shared it. Unfortunately I'm not having much luck with Limewire finding it. Would you FTP it to me?

FTP newdirectideas.com
    LOGIN: anonymous
    PASSWORD: #your e-mail#

(or if you have it on a URL already that would be awesome too.

Best regards,

Andy Estes

A n t h o n y D. E s t e s | president | N e w D i r e c t | 14 Spring Street, Waltham, Massachusetts 02451 | aestes@newdirectideas.com |781.223.7115 phone | 781.240.7774 fax | New Direct Ideas That Work!â„¢ This transmission's contents are proprietary and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and delete all.

Aestes.
    Uploading now.
    I have no url.

Sorry, I had to shutdown the ftp. My firewall told me I had 3 hack attempts in 1 hour. Please try limewire until I have url.

I use Shareaza sparingly, but can't find your Install CD. Not sure if compatible.

Aestes.
    Would you mind leaving it on you FTP for a while so I can grab it?

any status on this?

I too would love to get a hold of this, but Limewire can't find it. If anybody has an FTP site, do please advise.
    Thanks much

smilin' in Daytona

can't find it

I've searched Limewire but can't find it.
    Wes in sunny Daytona Beach
    www.audiobywes.com

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    What I don't understand is if you bought a Treo 650, why don't you have the CD? You should have it as it comes with the handheld. To that end, why does it need to be shared?? I'm just wondering.

Oh by the way, if you're looking for an image of it, PM me.
    Michael