+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Geek

Question BT GPS for Treo 650 on Verizon?

I'm not very familiar with the different BT profiles. The profiles that are mentioned in the "coming soon" teaser on the link below, does anyone know if you could use a BT GPS with one of those profiles?

http://www.vzwshop.com/treoinfo/

The quote is "*Disclaimer: The Treo 650 supports the following Bluetooth Profiles: wireless headset, hands-free accessories, file transfer and synchronization with compatible PC’s. It does not support all profiles, for object exchange (Obex). "

Thanks!
    Last edited by mistertech; 04-06-2005 at 11:59 AM.

Registered Geek

Question Does anyone have any ideas?

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm sure someone here knows more about BT than I.

We've unsuccessfully tried three different BT GPS units for the 650 - Seidio's GPS in a box - never even turned it on the quality was SO poor for the money. - iGolf - and - Delorme GPS unit. All three were returned for one reason or another. Good Luck!!

Registered Geek
    I'm most curious about the Blue Tooth Profiles that the phone supports. What profile would be required for GPS support?

Thanks.

Bluetooth GPS units work just fine with the 650. I regularly run a Gobalsat 338 and Fortuna ClipOn without any problems. The 650 includes the serial port profile which is what you need. Just start up bluetooth and have it discover the gps and then pair with it. Works just fine.
    www.gpspassion.com

In Da Hizzle Fo Shizzle
    I'm interested in Seidio's GPS products too. If anyone has experience with GPS products with VZW T650, please post here.

I have a Verizon Treo 650 with DeLorme's Blue Logger Bluetooth GPS. (affil link) It works just fine with the four or five Palm GPS programs I've interfaced with it. I'm in the process of writing a more detailed review of the combo.

re: BT GPS for Treo 650 on Verizon

Hi all, I wanted to know if it is possible for me to use a Pharos Bluetooth Dock with a Verizon Wireless Treo 650 any help will be great. thanks

My Garmin GPS 10 bluetooth system works fine on the 650. See this review on another site for a (very long) review. Not that it should matter, but I'm on Verizon.

Bluetooth GPS setups work fine with a Verizon 650 - pics included>>>>

I've had this setup for quite a while, and use it all the time.

More info on the I-trek/TomTom Bluetooth GPS (with photos!)...

One thing I'd do differently, if I were to buy it again, though: I'd get the wired GPS cradle that Semson's offers INSTEAD of the BT GPS receiver. Why? Because you can't use a BT headset AND the BT GPS at the same time. The 650 only supports one BT connection at a time.

As is stands, though, I use my old, crappy, WIRED earpiece if I need to talk on the phone while using the GPS.

Hope this helps.