+ Reply to Thread

Bluetooth Headset

Just ordered my Treo 650 which I should get early next week. I've been looking at all the posts about the recommended BT headsets and it seems like the two favorites are the Cardo Scala 500 and the SE HBH-660. Has anyone used both of them and if so which would you recommend? I'm intrigued by the possibility of using a Jabra eargel on the 660 as I've always much preferred the Jabra style insert to the buds or loops. Of course, I prefer the price on the Scala. Advice?

Talking

I'd give consideration to the palmone Treo bluetooth headset. Volume is good (even better with eargel). People I'm talking to say that they cannot tell I'm using a headset. No issues with pairing or how rapidly it connects a call. An added bonus is that the included charge also charges the Treo. I'm on week 2 using it and have zero complaints.

Do the Cardo Scala 500 from pcmall.com. I returned several bluetooth headsets before settling on that one as the best for the Treo 650. The advice in these forums was right...it is the best for that particular phone.

But if I really want to use a Jabra eargel, does that mean my choices are either the Treo wireless (per rbiowa's suggestion) or the 660? If so, which works best with this phone? I know that some people have rigged an eargel to fit on the Cardo, but as I understand it you have to take the eargel off every time you charge the headset, which I'm not prepared to do.