+ Reply to Thread

how to user hs850 headset with treo 650

Hi there,

I just got a Motorla Hs850. I can pair up with my treo850. But when I have my headset open and hook up my ear. When my phone ring, I don't recieve a tone from my headset. Is that normal, or there are some setting I have to config, or my headset is defected ? Can anyone out there help me out on this ?

Thanks,
    Rebecca

Rebecca,
    It didn't work as I thought it would easier. When you get a call, you need to press the multi-function button once to have it connect to the Treo, and a second time to have it pick up the call. I still haven't quite figured it out though.

There is also a short time after opening the boom mic that it will be connected. And it may only require one press of the button to pick up. Also try looking at the Handsfree preferences. I believe you'll still have to push the button to pick up the call, but the phone will have already connected to the headset.

-Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the info. I experience the same thing. I also wonder will you hear a tone ring on your hearset when you get a incoming call ?

Thanks,
    Rebecca

I haven't played with the handsfree setup much to know if you hear anything. I don't recall ever hearing anything except for a couple beeps when it has connected the headset.

-Chris

The HS850 is apparently unusable with the Treo. It is a huge disappointment.

The HS810 works as one would expect: rings, answers on once press, etc. The only thing it will not do is take the Treo off hook to originate an outgoing call. That I can live with.

My advice: Take the 850 back. I don't know how Motorola screwed this up. Maybe it's because it's Bluetooth 1.2. 1.2 is supposed to be backward compatible but this headset is simply not usable with a Treo. (yes it does function. No it's not usable)

Blue Tooth HS850

bought this bluetooth and it paired without a problem and the volume seems to work well. Question I did a test and it did not seem to demonstrate anything when the phone was ringing on vibrate - when I has my 7135 a voice would come on in my headset and say in coming call "answer". I got nothing. I just tried it with my ringer on and I got nothing. No indicator that the phone was ringing or anything. Am I missing something? Isn't this suppose to advise you of calls coming in? what if I had my phone in my purse? and I got a call?

HELP!
    esmass:p

esmass,

This is a good question. I don't think anything rings in your ear on a wired headset either.

I relied on my 7135 ringing in my ear when my phone was on "silent".

Greg

If that is the case - then why have the headset? it does not make sense. I loved the 7135 because it had the incoming call answer feature - this was great when you did not have the phone open in the car or when you had it on vibrate.

Talking

Opps answered my own question when I looked at the thread for bluetooth I realized that it was a lag time when the call comes in. The bluetooth works well but now it seems like there is a problem with the battery it does not hold the charge. Good thing that the store is not so far away from me to exchange it.

The headset will give you a tone (beep). The phone will ring about 2-3 times before you hear the tone. AND YES the HS850 works well with the treo 650. I have it and hopefully I will keep testing it and if I have any strong issues I will relate it to the group.

Mot BT 850-HS vs BT Treo Headset?

I've had the 850-HS for a week now and it works OK with the 650 but I'd would like to hear a little more volume in the earpiece. Maybe I don't have it adusted just right yet.

But I also have an unopened Treo Palmone headset. The HS-850 at Bestbuy was $99 but they took 20% off so with tax it was $88.

I can return it and get my $88 back, I still have 3 weeks to return it.

The Treo BT PalmOne headset came today in a package deal from www.Danscellphones@.com
    but I didn't want to open it until I get some feed back that it's at least as good as the 850-HS. The Treo Palmone goes for $59.95 on a few sites (prob list) but I'd rather get my $88 back at Bestbuy and keep the Treo Palmone since it came in the package. It probably equals the $79 Motorola model with out the boom mic.

Can anyone let me know their experience with the Treo headset. I do like the little fold out extended boom on the 850 cause I thought it brings the mike a little closer to my mouth but people say I sound like I'm in a tunnel anyway sometimes.

Note: one xtra with Treo headset is that it uses same power cable as 650. But it's huge as its the multi ac adapter's included type, unlike the small OEM treo 650 charger and you still have to carry two cables if you want to charge both at once.

How's the Treo PalmOne headset?
    Last edited by Expidia; 08-24-2005 at 03:43 PM.

I've tried the the HS-850 before I hated it. Now I use the TWH. Its the best headset for the Treo 650 and using the same charger is a big plus. Also got mine from Dan.

Open it and use it. You'll like it.

Originally posted by jmstr
    I've tried the the HS-850 before I hated it. Now I use the TWH. Its the best headset for the Treo 650 and using the same charger is a big plus. Also got mine from Dan.

Open it and use it. You'll like it.
    Expidia: Thx jmstr,
    I actually did my own testing of the two and I'm on my way Back to BestBuy right now with the 850 and keeping the BT Treo from Dan. I don't know what he charged me for it because it was part of a package deal.

The BT Treo is the one I'm keeping for now. So far it's great being able to automatically pick up incoming calls without pressing any buttons. I've set the 650 to pick up on the second ring.

How much did you pay for yours with Dan? It lists for $59.95 on most sites.

Funny thing is if I return it today I can't turn it off! As it fits into the package with boom open. It's still flashing BLUE in the package, I'll tell them it's better for marketing now as people walking by the shelf . . . it'll catch their attention

I posted my comparisons in another thread:

http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...605#post389605