+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Parrot CK3100

Parrot CK3100

Question:

The Parrot CK3100 says that it has voice recognition. Is this through the device or through the Treo?

I talked with the VoiceSignal software people and they said that their software wouldn't work with any Bluetooth device. Yet, the Parrot Ck3100 says that it has voice recognition. Does it work with the address book on the Treo? How does its voice recognition work?

Thanks,

Hannover

Bryen@mac.com

99.9% Fabulous

It's a little tricky to get setup, but the CK3100 is AWESOME. It has it's own voice recognition program that you setup by recording voicetags. Some voicetags are standard (like "cellular", "work", "home", etc.) and others are tied directly to your phonebook (like "Jason Home").

While I'm driving down the road I just say "telephone" and it activates, turning off my car stereo. I then say any of the contacts I have previously setup (recorded voicetags for), like "Lori"... and if Lori has more than one number assigned, the CK3100 will beep again for me to verbally specify which number (home, work, etc.)

When you're finished talking you just say "disconnect"... it hangs up and turns your car stereo back on.

Why not 100% fabulous? The CK3100 will automatically sync with any SPEED DIAL numbers you have setup ('favorites' buttons on your Treo's phone screen), but not with your address book. You have to manually disconnect the bluetooth connection with the kit, then go in the Treo's contacts and send them using bluetooth (you can send them 1 by 1 or by category.)

I highly recommend the kit. Everyone says they can't tell I'm on a car kit... they say it sounds like I have the phone up to my ear. So, once you get through the initial contacts setup it's a breeze!

Feel free to email me if you need help setting it up!

That is great to hear.

One problem that I often see with other car kits is that when the person that you are talking to has a lot of background noise, that noise ends up drowning out your voice and the person on the other side can't hear you.

I take it that this is not a problem with the CK 3100?

Also: If you can disconnect the call with "disconnect," does that mean that it is possible that you could lose a connection with someone if you happen to use the word "disconnect" in your conversation?

Bryen@mac.com

No, and Yes...

No.. So far all of my calls have been clear. The only static or bad background noise I've had has been on the other caller's (inferior-ha ha) phone or service... but the CK3100 seems to do an awesome job filtering out noise without killing the sound of my voice.

and yes.. on my very first call I was bragging to my sister:

"...And all you have to do is say 'disconnect' and..." CLICK ... <music resumes playing from stereo>

Don't worry, she called me back and cussed me out for hanging up on her. So all was right with the world.

So... you can't say that word while you're on the phone. But you CAN change your magic words. For example, one of my friends LOVES getting in my car and, while I'm in a conversation with someone, he'll say "disconnect" from the back seat and hang up my call. So I changed the 'disconnect' word to 'Banana'. He sat in the backseat repeating "disconnect" like a drunken parrot for about 6 minutes.

I gave him some crackers.

There may be some options

First the antenna connection, Wilson electronics has a couple of solutions for the 600 and the 650, http://www.wilsonelectronics.com/ada...t-handpalm.htm

Seido has a car kit which gives power, external speaker, and mic, but no connection to an external antenna, http://www.seidio-europe.com/Product...=CK8CG25MTR650

Thb, also has connection kits for pda/phones, http://www.thb.de/index.html?lang=en

Just to keep it simple, I think I'll just use a mount from http://www.proclipusa.com/, and an external antenna from wilson.
    Mike