+ Reply to Thread

got my treo650! okay... now what?

I've been having fun with my new treo650. But so far, I've been scared to sync it to my mac. What do I do? Specifically, I want to sync iCalendar and my address book on my mac with my treo.

Also, I want to sync my husband's treo with mine. With both treos synced to iCalendar and the same address book.

Someone mentioned intellisync? Where do I get that?

Thanks for all your help!
    newbie jane

p.s. being so new to this, i would appreciate step by step instructions. thank you!

PDAphone Fan n Part time Mod. That70sGAdawg's Avatar
    I'm not familar with Macs, but Intellisync can be found here:

http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec...ACHE_ID=187952

Also, one of the first things that I would do with a new treo, is to load this uninstall program.
    http://www.northglide.com/products.h...nstall_Manager

It makes it much easier to remove any new programs that you add that don't play nice with the 650.

Enjoy, It is quite a nice device that will save you time and money.

Also, there are many free programs like this one that finds phone numbers, addresses, maps, etc.- For Free!(Donations appreciated):

http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/#da
    Enjoying carrying only one communications device for all...

Bryen@mac.com

iSync

I wouldn't recommend intellisync with a Mac. iSync is the default sync software for Mac but more than likely you'll have to download the update from Apple.com first.

If you've never sync'd a Palm device with the Mac before, go to www.apple.com/support/isync and look for "iSync Palm Conduit 1.2 (of course, make sure you already have iSync version 1.5 first! If you don't, download and install that before going further.) To check your iSync version, open iSync from your applications folder, click iSync/About iSync).

You'll need to install both of those files BEFORE installing your Palm software. If you've already installed the disc on your Mac, remove the programs, then install the iSync files. iSync needs to be in place before your Palm files are installed (or at least that's how it's worked on the three Macs I have.)

After installing iSync and your Palm disc, follow the instructions on the disc to sync for the first time. THEN after completing that initial sync, you can setup iSync.

I HIGHLY recommend following the instructions listed in the HELP files within iSync. Click HELP, iSync Help, then type in "add a palm device" and press enter. The first article that appears says "Setting up to sync your Palm OS device". Follow those steps and you're good to go!

You can always email me if you need help! Good luck. Once you have your Treo added to iSync, follow the same steps to add your Husband's. Just be careful using the same calendar and address book... when he deletes something and you both sync, it's going to delete on your Treo as well.

Bryen@mac.com
    Just going through old threads... thought I'd post this update for anyone searching for Treo/Mac support.

I have since switched to Missing Sync available at Markspace.com. So far this has been the BEST software I've used for syncing my Treo with my Macs. It even lets you sync music from iTunes to your Treo's SD Card. Make sure you run the Mac's Software Update first, then try Missing Sync's trial from the Markspace website. I'm going on 6 months with NO issues.