+ Reply to Thread
    Beginning to like the i730 Cr0n_J0b's Avatar

Question Blackberry Connect and Verizon 650

Has anyone heard of the release date for BB Connect on Treo? I've seen reports that it's in final beta, but no idea of when it will be release or how. I'm guessing that VZN would need to put the code into the mail client that ships with the phone...or maybe it's just a 3rd party connector.

any thoughts?

PDAphone Fan n Part time Mod. That70sGAdawg's Avatar
    http://palmsource.com/palmos/mailblackberry.html

This is the last I heard of it, and no particular models or carriers are mentioned. That would be sweet for users with BB Enterprise servers at their corporate!
    Enjoying carrying only one communications device for all...

Treonauts says it's in beta

http://blog.treonauts.com/2005/02/blackberry_conn.html

I found this on the web as well. It's strange that they (Treo) is so tight lipped on what I see as a Killer App for business users like me. Our corporate has decided to go 100% BB, but I hate their devices.

To get a Treo with BB services, camera, Wifi, EvDo and BT would save me lots of pocket space.

PDAphone Fan n Part time Mod. That70sGAdawg's Avatar
    Our corporate has decided to go with blackberrys also, but I bought my own Treo 650 and through Versamail, I get Exchange Activesync corporate email every 30 min.- that's fast enough for me.
    The only thing that I don't like with versamail is the Microsoft Exchange activesync calender sync. When items are changed on the device (like through DateBk5- with icons, or font changes) the server rejects the changes. I tried Chattermail and Snappermail and neither would work with the exchange activesync of Exchange server 03, so I'm stuck with these calender problems - the email portion of versamail works fine...
    Last edited by That70sGAdawg; 04-13-2005 at 02:10 PM.
    Enjoying carrying only one communications device for all...

I heard that VersaMail is a nightmare.

Our corporate policies I'm sure wouldn't let me synch with Exchange. They barely let us use BB. I'm even told that they won't support BB Connect when it does become available. I hate I.T. sometimes.

Does anyone know why the BlackBerry Connect for Palm doesn't look like it's going to do any calendar syncing?

I don't see a mention of calendar synch in the literature, I guess I assumed that it would come with the package. Not sure why.
    WM5 and not looking back.

Anyone have any news on this topic? My company just started running BB Enterprise Server, and I really don't want to have to trade in my VZW T650 for some ugly BB 7250 (blech!)
    Ahhhh, gadgets! :bigthumb: