+ Reply to Thread

Install Palm files w/o sync cord

Is there any way to install Palm apps w/o the sync cord? My IT person didn't leave the usb sync cord with me and I don't know if that was deliberate or not. Is there any way to install Palm apps through any other method? My laptop isn't bluetooth enabled and I am using Goodlink.

Thoughts?

You can sync via infrared (slow) if you have it. Or, what I do when I'm on the road is...from a PC I email myself the .prc file I want to install...then I retrieve the email with the Kyo using snappermail. Then I install the .prc attachment from within Snappermail. If you have an email app that supports attachments it will work.

Simply email the file to yourself and then grab it using the builtin Versamail email application on the Treo 650.

Thanks. I assume I can do the same with Goodlink.

Originally posted by mjordan
    Thanks. I assume I can do the same with Goodlink.
    I do not know. Not all email clients will understand what to do with the .prc file. The Sprint Business Connection email app, for example, will not know what to do with the file and thus will not let you install the .prc file. Versamail and Snappermail will definitely let you install the file, don't know about Goodlink.