+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SuperWaba

Question SuperWaba

I have software on my Treo 650 called SuperWaba. Do I need it? What does it do?

thanks!

PDAphone Fan n Part time Mod. That70sGAdawg's Avatar
    It's not on my unlocked GSM unit. You must have installed it with another program?

I suggest using a program like "Uninstall Manager" from day one to avoid stray files taking up your memory. Available Here:

http://www.northglide.com/
    Enjoying carrying only one communications device for all...

SuperWaba is a scaled down implementation of a Java Virtual Machine (JVM). It is designed for writing cross-platform applications for PDAs, smartphones, and desktop applications. It is a more powerful alternative to J2ME on devices that support it, such as Palm OS and Pocket PC.

My guess is that you don't need it unless you are a programmer. I don't konw where you got it. It wasn't on my Cingular branded device either.
    Ascii stupid question, get a stupid Ansi.

Thanks

I'll delete it and save some space.

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    Originally posted by That70sGAdawg
    It's not on my unlocked GSM unit. You must have installed it with another program?

I suggest using a program like "Uninstall Manager" from day one to avoid stray files taking up your memory. Available Here:

http://www.northglide.com/
    I deleted an application with my file manager and got a crash after sync, my saved preferences were corrupt. Would uninstal manager help with this type of stuff?

And would a spellcheck help my post

PDAphone Fan n Part time Mod. That70sGAdawg's Avatar
    UnInstall Manager has saved me countless times. If it doesn't pickup every file in the install, you can remove all files added on "X" date. I just used that yesterday to get rid of some extra files that were installed during my "test" of Web Pro on my Treo. They didn't show up with the application files. It also ask you to confirm each file before deletion. Too bad it won't let me delete RealPlayer or Tutorial from ROM!
    Enjoying carrying only one communications device for all...

Is it true that even if you deleted those junk ROM applications that you would not gain any extra RAM. If this is true you coul just hide those junk applications with Obfuscate

Originally posted by jamespaulritter
    Is it true that even if you deleted those junk ROM applications that you would not gain any extra RAM. If this is true you coul just hide those junk applications with Obfuscate
    Well, benefit with using a different ROM is that you could add applications to the ROM when you remove some defaults, so that you are taking up less RAM for added applications.
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

I thought about switching to one of Shadowmites custom ROMs but since I did the 108 sprint update I havent had any complaits about this ROM.

SuperWaba

Turns out that SuperWaba is needed to run TipCalculator.

I do recommend TipCalculator for its efficency at what it does -- calculate the tip, add it to show a total, and split the total among diners. Slick!