+ Reply to Thread

Thread: documents to go

documents to go

I have developed the following problem. When I open documents to go and then click on a file to open it, the phone is resetting.

Any body else have this problem?

Any suggestions?

thanks

Mike
    michaelb92

Happens all the time with me. I'm not sure what is causing it, but I never had the problem on the last phone that did not have a cardslot.

It seems that deleting the doc, then adding it back seems to help, but you shouldn't have to do that.
    Mark Mebane

I've had that problem as well. I simply delete the app on the device and then reinstall it by pulling up Docs-To-Go on my PC, "Tools" -> "Re-Install Handheld Applications"

Seems like something gets corrupted would be my guess and I'd like to eventually figure it out someday but for now, this solution works for me and only takes 2 minutes.

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    I had numeruous problems with docs2go untill I followed these instructions word for word -->click

I would get a reset sometimes when I synced, somtimes when I opened a document, sometimes when I closed a document, sometimes there would be duplicate documents on the handheld, sometimes documents to go would change a documents font and numbering. For 4 months it drove me nuts. I would uninstall/reinstall, shut down the desk top, hard rest the device, I coppied and pasted doct to memo then deleted documents an pasted back to new docs just in case one was corrupt. I deleted saved preferences off the handheld and the desktop at the same time. I would do a fix and everything would be OK for between 1 to 10/15 days then wham, crash,,,

I thought the dataviz instructions didnt apply to my situation and heck I had done most of that stuff anyway,,,,,,,,

But not all of it and not in the order dataviz lists on that page.

The next time you get a crash delete your saved preferences and see if docs to go acts normal on the handheld. But of course when you sync again after that you'll get your crashes back.

docs

Hello,

Kevin from palmOne here. Just to cover all the bases, DataViz has made available an updated Documents To Go v7.0 that addresses some minor issues that were found after the Treo 650 CD was released.
    You can find information on this, as well as a link for download here.
    There is also a link on this page for DataViz support. To access other articles related to the one jamespaulritter linked to, you can go there and type "treo 650" into their search box.

Sincerely
    Kevin