+ Reply to Thread
    Brian

Treo 650 for the jogger/biker/hiker

While jogging I dont like to carry much on me. I tried putting my t650 in my pocket; forget that! It bounces around too much. SO I have two questions I hope you can help me and maye some others answer:

1) Is there a good clip to keep my phone stable and safe while running? I'd only be using the clip while jogging.

2) Is there GPS software that would tell me how far I ran, and how fast? Also would I be able to listen to MP3's at the same time?

any help would be appreciated!
    -B
    Last edited by BriOnH; 04-26-2005 at 01:40 PM.

I don't know about the GSM software, but I have the Seido belt clip and have discovered the pleasures of running with music through the use of my Treo 650 MP3 player. ( I prefer "Big and Rich" or Sara Evans). This clip keeps my 650 securely fastened to my gym shorts, even without a belt. If you picked up a small nylon strap from REI, I wouldn't see a problem carrying the 650 on your arm with the Seido clip attached to it. I also recommend one of the hybrid headsets, which can be had for under $30.00. You don't miss any calls that way, and you have never talked on the phone until you've done it in stereo. Even the operator sounds sexy. Good running, and, remember, the power to see the race to its end comes from within.

GPS might be doable, but it depends on what GPS receiver would work best. Your options are Bluetooth, USB/Serial, and possibly SDIO.

http://www.gpsinformation.org/dale/Palm/pilotgps.htm
    http://www.igolftech.com/
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    That was my main concern when looking for a case is what would be the best jogging case. It ended up being the Nutshell

You can read my full review along with several others here starting on 4-4-05

Brian
    Originally posted by jamespaulritter
    That was my main concern when looking for a case is what would be the best jogging case. It ended up being the Nutshell

You can read my full review along with several others here starting on 4-4-05
    Great review James! The nutshell looks like a great case. The manufacturer is impressive as well. I am ordering one.

I think I have found the right GPS Package too. The package gives me a choice between the Mapopolis software and the Tom Tom software package (for 50$ more). Since I do a lot of trail running I mainly want the software package to tell me how far I have gone, and some speed analysis. Ive read the GPS threads here but haven't seen those features listed or know if they exist<?>.

-Brian

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    Gald to have helped