+ Reply to Thread

Tomorrow's the big day! (but not for Treo)

Well, my New Every Two with Verizon starts tomorrow. I can get $100 off any phone with a two-year extension of my contract. I will sign up for the 450 minute plan (on 300 now) and the unlimted data plan. All I need now...the danged Treo 650!!!! Maybe we will get lucky and the phone will be released to coincide with the end of the PalmOne 15% off coupon. Could we get that lucky?

As a teacher, I also get a discount on my voice plan. I just put the application and proof of employment in my car so that the second I hear that the Treo 650 is out, I will shoot right over to the nearest Verizon store and get the dattaratted thing. SOON!!!!! PLEASEEEE!!!!!
    I want more gadgets NOW!

Mobile enabled - on the road
    It won't be tomorrow...sorry to say. My company is testing the Treo 650 for Verizon, and as of right now I would think maybe mid to late May at the earliest for a release. But I must say that it is very nice!

If I find out something more definitive I'll pass it along.
    YOU can't get there from here...but I can!

I appreciate that. It has been a very frustrating wait. Every day I go without I think of a new way to use it to make my life that tiny bit better. I have spent three months agonizing about whether to switch to Sprint or Cingular, and neither one has the coverage in my area that I need. So I am stuck with Verizon, so I have to be stuck with their phones.

Just out of curiosity, does the 650 you are testing have the patch applied for improving the NVFS memory system? Also...does it support EVDO?

Thanks!

Mark
    I want more gadgets NOW!

I apologize gadjitfreek, I'm under an NDA with Verizon/PalmOne and can't divulge much information. But I do have a meeting with them tomorrow and I will pass along anything they will allow...hopefully to include a possible release date.

Now that would be a great thing. Thanks! What kind of work do you do?

I am a high school chemistry teacher. I don't get much in the way of NDA stuff except confidential student file stuff, so I sort of understand.

Mark
    I want more gadgets NOW!

I'm a big IT geek, and we tend to do a lot of testing for different vendors, so I'm usually under one or more NDAs at any point in time.

And I have a lot of respect for you and all teachers. Don't get me started on how we need to start paying teachers what they are worth! Which is (IMO), more in line with what we pay some of these big-name sports personalities...

Chemistry as well, one of my favority subjects. Strange coincidence, but I just happened to download/purchase a program from NeoHand called "Answer Please" which (among many other things including conversions) happens to have a periodic table in it as I was answering your question earlier!

Small world...

I can see the Treo 650 being a definite asset to your work as well.

Very neat work! As a teacher, the Treo could be a great asset. I use a Clie TH-55 now and it really helps. I have no problem with my salary...I just have a problem with how teachers in general are treated. We are treated like second-class citizens in our district. We have to battle for every contract we get , and we lose ground on each subsequent one. The Treo will be for getting me to information that I usually get from the Web at home, but now I will be able to access it anywhere. That's the attraction...I can do comparison shopping while out shopping, get phone numbers for stores I want to check stock in, check the weather (including up-to-the minute radar) to see what I will be driving into, email, check my favorite blogsites, news, Techbargains (and take advantage of those bargains on the spot), read a review online before buying a product...log geocaches as I find them...check auctions on Ebay...get the idea that I will be getting the unlimited data plan???

Chemistry rocks.

Mark
    I want more gadgets NOW!

Originally posted by mace2k
    I apologize gadjitfreek, I'm under an NDA with Verizon/PalmOne and can't divulge much information. But I do have a meeting with them tomorrow and I will pass along anything they will allow...hopefully to include a possible release date.
    hey mace-

i understand you can't give out much info, but any thoughts on the EVDO status, or download speeds when using the web browser?

thanks!

Originally posted by gadjitfreek
    Now that would be a great thing. Thanks! What kind of work do you do?

I am a high school chemistry teacher. I don't get much in the way of NDA stuff except confidential student file stuff, so I sort of understand.

Mark
    To best know when it is going to be available sing up for the email alerts to be notified. the link to this is

http://www.vzwshop.com/treoinfo/

If anyone is interested visit this link please.
    Thanks.
    Sincerely,

PDA Guru