+ Reply to Thread

Can someone please tell me step by step

How to put some music files in a folder (which folder ?) before sync so that when I sync next time, mp3's are on my SD card ? I mean that's one way to do it, right ? I tried to take the card out and write files on it manually but I couldn't do it as it was "write protected" or something to that effect.

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    There are a few ways to do this. Heres the slow way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can someone please tell me step by step-100_0139.jpg  

And the fast way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can someone please tell me step by step-100_0140.jpg  

Is the card locked?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can someone please tell me step by step-q.jpg  

Originally posted by jamespaulritter
    Heres the slow way.
    *slow* way ? What are you suggesting Jim Spidey ? Hehe...

Seriously though, slow works for me just fine. I have seen that screen before. So now I know what I have to do. Thanks a lot.

Now let me ask you this. Let's say I want 70's songs on card A and 80's on card B. Now I drag and drop 70's songs and sync with card A. Remove card A. Insert card B in Treo. Drag and drop 80's songs then sync. Now do the 70's songs also get written in addition to 80's on card B ? I am thinking 70's will be in the back up folder, no ?

And the fast way.
    I have a USB card reader/writter and I don't think that's a correct path for me. My Computer --> USB device and that's it. I don't think I have the audio option but I'll play around with it. Thanks again.

Is the card locked?
    No.

The slow way means that the syncronization will take several minutes depending on how many songs you sync. My 80 meg encyclopedia took 1 hour. The fast way with the card reader took my encyclopedia to write to the card in 3 minutes.

The audio is the folder on the card where you drop the music files, not an option relating to your (usb to card reader/writer)

If there is no audio file on your MMC card sync a song via drag and drop the "slow way". That will create a folder on the card. Then you can pop the card in the card reader and go, (start, my computer, MMC/SD, then open the audio folder) there should be a mp3 in there identifying it as the right place to drag an drop your other files to.

No 70 songs will not be written to the b card. No backup is created for music. The only thing the desktob backes up on the card is your pictures and video. Desktop counter parts to 3rd party applications will also back up information from the card such as documents to go, but no not the music player.

OC did I see over at TC. There was an "OC Treo" that put up a post about versa mail here

OC did I see over at TC. There was an "OC Treo" that put up a post about versa mail here
    No that ain't me. Can you say copycat ? LOL

The slow way means that the syncronization will take several minutes depending on how many songs you sync.
    LOL I knew what it meant. I made a joke about suggestion that I was *slow* lol.

If there is no audio file on your MMC card sync a song via drag and drop the "slow way". That will create a folder on the card. Then you can pop the card in the card reader and go, (start, my computer, MMC/SD, then open the audio folder) there should be a mp3 in there identifying it as the right place to drag an drop your other files to.
    Bingo. That solves that problem. Thanks. Too bad I can't manually creat an audio folder.

No 70 songs will not be written to the b card. No backup is created for music. The only thing the desktob backes up on the card is your pictures and video. Desktop counter parts to 3rd party applications will also back up information from the card such as documents to go, but no not the music player.
    Well in that case, will every thing else in the back up folder also write on card B in addition to music on the sync ? Like BT Mute, 3rd party app, epocrates, etc ? I have some text books on card A. Will those go over to card B when I sync with it to get the MP3's ? Frankly this is all academic now as I plan to use your fast method.

Nothing will be written to a card unless you write it to the card. The desktop does not back up your card. Except for pics and videos and like I said some 3rd party applications are set to sync with the card but the only one I know of is doc2go. Each card has a Name and an ID. The desktop does not accidentally transfer files from one card to another.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can someone please tell me step by step-sdthsthsth.jpg  

Got it. Thanks.

I am still amazed at how quickly you can answer a post with those amazing pics with texts on it. So even a dummy like me can get it.

Your a Neonatal Doctor, you learned how to save babies lives while I was busy playing on the computer,,,,,,Your my hero

I know you were joking about the slow thing, I couldnt think of any thing funny to say back

My spidey senses are gone

I had to uninstall yahoo messenger, it was completely j@ket up, false alerts, echos, showed 0 messages even though there were messages. Dont know why

edit: spelling
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 04-29-2005 at 12:16 AM.

Looking at your avatar, you're *still* playing on the computer, lol.

Hero ? Just for doing my job ? Come on now. But thanks for kind words.

Ya its a prety fitting avatar