+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs up New holster discovered at ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...770790344&rd=1

Holster link

Does anybody used this holster before? Please write review if you do. I'm thinking about buying a holster for my new treo650, or does anybody have sugguestions on other holsters? I'm looking for the swivel kind.

I really appreciate your opinion.

Thanks,

Eric

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    Well looks alot like this Seidio I just got this one yesterday. Its the New and improved cradle type easier to take in and out and a redisigned top guaranteed not to take the paint off the phone. Its extremly solid and very well designed.

The holster on your ebay link shows the top part, that holds in the phone, hittind the phone right where the card is, that has been a slight problem with any holster like that. It also dosent look like you could use side egrips with that one. You can also tell since that top piece comes up so high the center of fixedness is to low which causes alot of motion from the holster when you walk.

With any holster that has the release on the top and comes out top first you cant get a good grip on the phone while removing the phone. One design that takes care ov that problem is the Seidio clip type. the release is at the bottom which works with the direction the hand is naturaly pointed when removing the phone. So its easy to use and easy to grip the phone while removing. This design also does not get in the way of egrips. The past version of this design was to rigid but this new release is extremly easy to use.

But for that price of the one on ebay we should all just go ahead and get one

That holster looks to me like it's a bit too easy to hit the tab at the tops and have your phone fly out.

Ya, looks cheap
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New holster discovered at ebay-untitled.jpg  

I will not trust my $ 600 Treo650 with this holster. The plastic looks very weak and also the design is wrong.

I totaly agree, I have seen thicker plastic than that snap easily. And the design does look bad. It looks like a horrible cheap version of the Seidio cradle type Here

I would rather spend more and get a strong holster like my Seidio shown here. Now thats tuff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New holster discovered at ebay-q.jpg