+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

VZW Treo 650 May 11 B2B, May 23 everyone else!

From HowardForums earlier tonight.
    The poster, VZW Employee, is usually very accurate with info.
    Here it comes......

"Treo 650 Release/Info..............................

Well the launch dates changed slightly from my last update but whats nice is the retail launch is whithin May insted of June now! The PalmOne Treo 650 will be available in our B2B channel on Wednesday 5/11/2005. Retail, Internet and Indirect launches are scheduled for 5/23/2005. The biggest changes from the Treo 600 are Bluetooth,Higher resolution screen, Backlit keypad, Faster processor, & Changeable battery. As always these date are subject to change.

General Features
    All Digital
    Bluetooth Enabled
    Camera
    Clam Style Design
    Infrared Port
    QWERTY keyboard
    Wireless SYNC
    Memory 32 MB (built-in, shared flash memory)
    (23 MB available)
    Camera Resolution: VGA (640 x 480)
    Platform / OS Palm OS
    version 5.4 / 312 MHz Intel PXA270 processor
    Expansion Card Card Type: MultiMediaCard(MMC)/Secure Digital (SD)supports SDIO

Specifications
    Up to 150 Minutes Usage Time
    Up to 72 Hours Stand by Time
    4.58 oz.
    5.10H x 2.30W x 0.98D inches

Packaged With Handset
    Headset
    Power Adapter
    QRG
    Stylus (2)
    USB HotSync Cable
    User Manual
    Welcome CD
    National Pricing Info
    High Tier
    1Yr Contract - $449.99
    2Yr Contract - $399.99
    No Contract - $529.99"

Interesting. May 23rd, eh? Well, maybe this guy has the info and maybe he doesn't. I am kind of skeptical of any info that comes out...the Treo having been delayed time and again. I would be happy to see it come out...at ALL. At this point, I guess you could say I have started to lose interest in Verizon's Treo 650 release. Say that the sky is falling enough and you are likely to ignore it.

Strange, though...I had a dream last night that the school I teach in became the central point of a large volcanic caldera and that ash started to plume out from the courtyard towards the end of the day, then rivers of lava ate up the cars in the parking lot....very disturbing. Is it a sign of the end times, or the release of the Treo 650 (rumored to take place at the same time)?

Thanks for your info...I hope it pans out. Too bad I am just a lowly consumer and not a B2B customer.
    I want more gadgets NOW!

You will note that this is the new "clam style" design.

Exactly! They include a packet of garlic butter with every phone, should you decide to steam your Treo 650.
    I want more gadgets NOW!

I'm calling my local VZW corp rep Monday to confirm this. I'm out of town Monday, so any info I get, I will post Tuesday night.
    I know it may be hard to believe, but it is getting very close.
    Then after we get, we can complain about its flaws! : (

Why? Nothing else Verizon offers can compete with it. The XV6600 is a completely different animal, so the Treo 650 will be in a league of its own. I have been waiting for a device like this since 1993, and now it seems like it's just around the corner. The only question is...how far are we from that corner??
    I want more gadgets NOW!

Am i missing something? The new Treo 650 is a "clam shell" design?

Originally posted by gadjitfreek
    Why? Nothing else Verizon offers can compete with it. The XV6600 is a completely different animal, so the Treo 650 will be in a league of its own. I have been waiting for a device like this since 1993, and now it seems like it's just around the corner. The only question is...how far are we from that corner??
    I was being sarcastic. Sorry.
    I've been waiting for this for a while too. Just 22 days for some, 10 days for others.
    And I wouldn't read too much into the clam shell error. VZW Employee's info is always accurate.
    It would be one thing if VZW didn't have the "coming soon" page on their site.
    Well, that was a month ago, "soon" is almost here.

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    Originally posted by paulbike
    It would be 2008 before i wold ever even click on a link that stated that. And when it does the pda community will stop, stare, breath deep, fall over then get back up and happily shell out 600, 700 bucks, And i will be the happiest of them all.

Dont worry, if and when it happens you wont be missing any thing, you will have been drowning in its rumors for at least a year and a half

Treo 650 delayed???

I was informed by our Verizon rep that the Treo 650 launch has been delayed. No reason or new date was given.

Does anyone have any better info?

My 7135 died over the weekend. I worked my way through the tech support until I was speaking with the people that help with smartphones. They said a Treo 600 replacement would be sent. I pushed them about the 650 and she searched through her e-mails to find the one announcing the 650, and read it to me. The date in the e-mail was May 9th for B2B. It didn't have a consumer release date. I'll be one of those people selling a nearly new 600 on e-bay when the 650 arrives.

Registered Geek

Unhappy Something amiss...

I'd question the accuracy of this imformation... PalmOne's website describes the battery life as 5 hours talk time, 2 weeks standby times for CDMA model.... I can't imagine ANY company selling a device with only 150 minutes of talk time and 72 hours of standby time these days. They wouldn't sell any phones.

Also, clam shell design... Did PalmOne slip Verizon a different phone from the one on Verizon's Treo 650 pre-release website?? I think not...

If someone was going to make up a fictional Treo for this forum to "leak", the least they could do was either make it accurate / believable or totally fiction like a Treo with EV-DO and WiFi!!!

not only does it have EV-DO and wifi, it has a slot for a wormhole card!!! they had to make it a clamshell to protect the display during intergalactic travel

Originally posted by paulbike
    Must be some kind of misprint
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

So I paid a visit to the Verizon Store in my local Circuit City Shop today after work.

The Lady said that the Release Date for the Treo 650 is May 10th for all channels... not just Business, but Consumers as well. She didn't have the pricing readily available.

She also mentioned that a Data Plan is highly recommended, but not mandatory.

Here's an interesting side note. The Lady said that there will be a promo that will give you an additional $100 off the Treo 650 if you purchase w/ the Unlimited Data Plan. This is IN ADDITION TO the NE2 Discount. I thought I would pass this along to you guys to chew on...

I'm just the messenger, so don't shoot me!!! Cheers!!!

Fully Converged
    I'll believe it when I see it. Verizon had us waiting over a year from the "coming soon" announcement with the Kyo 7135!
    Last edited by joekonaiii; 05-10-2005 at 11:41 AM.
    From the Middle of the Sea ;-)

I heard from my B2B rep today; he said it will definitely be released in May (he said the date was pulled ahead), possibly as early as this Wednesday.

We'll see...
    Release the Hounds!

Registered Geek
    In responce to WiggyFife's comment about the NE2 discount. Who really is eligible for the NE2 discount in this forum? I upgrade phones all the time. I'd kill myself if I had to stick with the same phone for 2 years!

Use devoted Kyocera 7135 users have had our phones 2 years. And many of us were recently given "free" 600's to replace our 7135 without affecting our NE2. I'm going to be selling my 1 week old 600 in 3 weeks.

Registered Geek

Smile

I too had a 7135 but it was swapped for free for a Samsung i600 but I still am nowhere near 2 years. I'm over one so I won't have to pay the full retail price, which is good news!

I surprised people kept the 7135 for so long (before they were swapped for T600s). I couldn't live with the hard resets all the time (even though I had backups) and the lockups. I loved the phone otherwise. I like the top caller ID and the clamshell design. I'll like the Treo650 though. I love the idea of an actual switch (instead of menu's) to change the ringer. I can't wait for it!

I hope I didn't offend anyone. I was just joking about all us phone junkies on this forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast