+ Reply to Thread

What happened to the thread on initial 650 setup procedures?

I thought there was a sticky thread, but it's not there, explaining how to set up your 650 to begin with. Do I revert to the latest Palm instructions, or is there a thread around here I should see first?

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    This all sound familiar,,,,,,,,,, mdavis,,,,,,holy cow,,,,,,, there is some one who stold your user names and is running aroud posting duplicate threads to yours over at TC!

P.S. what are you talking about set up explanations???

I just happen to be a bonified treo 650 genus and offer to you my expertese on gettin your 650 go'in, Im not sure where in the dark to start shootin but can answer any question you might hav

Ifin your talkin about installin your t650 software to replace your t600 software i myself pulled it off without a hitch.

Administrator
    umm did you try searching?

Someone impersonating me? I thought I was the only person who ever did that, no matter how bad a job I did.

Yes, mostly how to replace my t600 software, but also all the initial hot sync and palm desktop procedures. I remember when the 650 came out there was this talk that the Palm instructions would lead to trouble. There was a thread either here or at TC explaining step by step what to do but I have done the requisite search and could not find it.

I want to keep my user name on this new 650, but I don't know whether when I do that, assuming I figure it out, my 600 will just sort of sizzle for a few seconds and disappear into a pile of plastic right before my eyes.

I hve never read any instructions on nuthin about nuthin and heve never had any problem with nuthin.

There are several ways to do it. I simply created a new folder on the desktop, drag and drop the contents of your backup folder to the new folder, except for the saved preferences file, delete the saved preferences file. Delete the t600 palm desktop in "add remove programs". Install the 650 software, Sync, then drag and drop the contents of the new folder to the backup folder, say yes to all, sync, then start putting in all your registration codes again and configuring you preferences on the handheld and the hotsync manager on the desk top.

This may not be the palm one way, or the TC way, or the pdaphonehome way but it works perfectly.

Mdavis have I asked you about your avatar?

heres the TC thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...sktop+treo+650

Might want to fallow that one since they have surely had fewer beers than myself tonight