+ Reply to Thread

Difficulty Beaming

I have a new 650 that receives beams fine from my 600, but my 600 doesn't receive the beams from the 650. Is there something I should know about sending beams from the 650, or should it work fine if it is receiving beams, which it is? Something about my 600? I've never had trouble sending or receiving beams, but there could be some detail I'm overlooking. Anyone?

Here's the fix: reset. Now it beams back and forth, but the jpeg that I tried to beam to the 600 didn't go to the pictures but to my documents, so it is a pdb jpeg file, whatever that was. I'd really like to beam a photo from my 650 to my 600 into the pictures app somehow.

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    you cant have a pdb jpeg.

pdb is a file extension, it tells an operating system what a file is it looks like this "blahblahblah.pdb" or "blahblahblah.jpeg"

There cannot be a "blahblahblah.pdb.jpeg".

A file is not stored in the application, it is recognized by the application. But there is something screwey with pictures on internal memory because they are not viewed with a file manager.

If a file is not recognized by an application it may be because the file extension is changed, so you can rename it with a file manager.

Sometimes a file is not recognized by the application because the file is not stored in the applications default directory. You can usualy view the applications default directory within the application. Or use a file manager to view where the other files that are recognized by the application are stored.

Clear as mudd?

No. the 650 pictures when stored on an sd card are pdb files with a jpeg notation of some sort. It wasn't pdb.jpeg. It was pdb but then it said (I think on filez) jpeg as well. I'll be that beats your mud by far.

I hate fileZ. If I couldnt view my files through megalauncher or megacommander I would be totaly confused. Megalauncher and mega commander make evey thing so easy to understand, so easy to view, so easy to organize and it just looks so nice

Why do you want to beam?

Did you get it all working?

I used to like an earlier version of filez but it's true the latest one is a giant step backward in terms of ease of use.

My problem is that I am delaying signing up with either Cingular or T mobile until I can go to all the places I most need to use the Treo: NYC (where TMobile wins hands down), Cleveland OH (where I will be tomorrow) and the Connecticut shore (this weekend). So until then I have this brand new 650 in my hands that I really can't use. But I've taken a few pictures and I wanted to send email like I do with my 600, but I have to get them from my 650 to my 600 where I could send them via Chatter. However, when I went to get the files they were, as I say, pdb files, or at least they seemed to be. I guess I could wait until Monday before I simply send them directly from the 650 when it's all set up with one or the other carrier.

CANT YOU JUST POP THE CARD IN THE OTHE PHONE?

Im at work and always forget to take caps off.

Who is that in your avatar?

I did pop the card in the other phone. That's when I got the pdb files. I thought beaming would send a good pic file, but saving to the SD card apparently didn't do the same thing. That's my two year old skiing the blue runs on Blackcomb Mountain.

Ow, thats nice.

You know an application like megalauncher is only 15 bucks and its a file manager/launcher/backup manager/uninstall manager all in one. I sounds like fileZ is the problem.

Good luck, I have to get busy with my last patient so I can get over to the unit to chase the pretty nurses around.