+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PalmOne now offering Treo 650 with service from Verizon Wireless!

Read about it here...

PalmOne
    Last edited by Marty; 05-16-2005 at 07:46 AM.
    Dave

i think i know the answer, but i'll ask just to be sure:

whether i buy my T650 from V or from P1, it'll still have the bluetooth DUN disabled, right? if i want a "clean" phone, i have to buy an UNLOCKED T650 from P1 and then activate it on vzw?

doody.

Your first statement is correct, the second is only partially right. The only unlocked, "clean" phones you can buy from P1 are for use with GSM carriers like Cingular and T-Mobile. P1 does not sell unlocked, "clean" phones for use with CDMA carriers such as Sprint and/or Verizon.

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    The email I received from P1 also includes a free BT headset. Not a bad deal.
    Mark

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    Free BT headset for upgrades from older Palm products. I typed in the S/N from my 5 year old M105 and that was accepted, so they are pretty lient on what qualifies.
    Mark

I wasn't quite prepared to purchase this yet, but I had to move on this. I just used the 15% off coupon to purchase my new VZW Treo650 for a grand total of $441.15. Best part is no tax, no shipping, no data plan, & NO CONTRACT EXTENSION!!!

For those wanting to jump on this today, the link for the last time:

http://web.palmone.com/promos/treogiveaway_15off.jhtml

Code:

TGB75Q2ZXN

Expires: TODAY!!!

WiggyFife,

Do you mean that you did not have to sign a contract? The closest I see to the $441.15 is $399 w/2 yr contract. I am on M2M so what would I have to do to get this phone for that price if I decided to go with this phone?

Slave to all that beeps Halitosis's Avatar
    He probably means he didn't have to sign a contract with VZW because he bought the phone through Palm One.

I bought the 650 through a local Verizon Store (they say it will be at my door this Wednesday), and had to sign a 2 year contract to get the price down to $399.

All he has to do is activate it... which probably doesn't require a contract renewal.

Personally, I don't mind the contracts. From a business standpoint, they are trying to establish/rely on future revenue streams.

Verizon's coverage, partner relationships (which means I am almost never roaming when I travel), and FANTASTIC customer service more than make up for the fact that they release new technology slower than my son eats his green beans.

I know that there are a lot of neg posts about Verizon... but I don't jump from carrier to carrier chasing after a particular phone.... I jump when they give me good enough reason to leave.

(Sprint and Nextel both gave me excellent reasons to leave).

Halitosis

I guess I should rephrase my question. Maybe I missed something but I thought the link was so customers could purchase through Palm one also and avoid the contract. I did not see anywhere on the site that you can get the $441.15 price without a contract. The only option I see says "I want to keep my existing mobile phone plan" $519 - $699.
    Last edited by twowheelrider; 05-16-2005 at 01:30 PM.

that's what the coupon code is for. the 15% discount gets you down to 441.

enter the code, put the phone with no contract in your cart, and when you get to the checkout, you'll see the discounted price.

note though that you may not actually get your phone until mid-june. they are NOT in stock shipping overnight - 2-3 weeks wait, plus shipping apparently.

doody.

Maybe I will wait for the Sammy SCH i730 to be released. I prefer that phone over the 650 anyway. Either way it appears waiting is something that I will have to do unless I shell out the bucks.
    Last edited by twowheelrider; 05-16-2005 at 02:10 PM.

Originally posted by Halitosis
    He probably means he didn't have to sign a contract with VZW because he bought the phone through Palm One.

I bought the 650 through a local Verizon Store (they say it will be at my door this Wednesday), and had to sign a 2 year contract to get the price down to $399.

All he has to do is activate it... which probably doesn't require a contract renewal.

Personally, I don't mind the contracts. From a business standpoint, they are trying to establish/rely on future revenue streams.

Verizon's coverage, partner relationships (which means I am almost never roaming when I travel), and FANTASTIC customer service more than make up for the fact that they release new technology slower than my son eats his green beans.

I know that there are a lot of neg posts about Verizon... but I don't jump from carrier to carrier chasing after a particular phone.... I jump when they give me good enough reason to leave.

(Sprint and Nextel both gave me excellent reasons to leave).

Halitosis
    bingo!!!

Originally posted by Doody
    that's what the coupon code is for. the 15% discount gets you down to 441.

enter the code, put the phone with no contract in your cart, and when you get to the checkout, you'll see the discounted price.

note though that you may not actually get your phone until mid-june. they are NOT in stock shipping overnight - 2-3 weeks wait, plus shipping apparently.

doody.
    this is what I did... no tax, no shipping, no contract extension or renewal of any type...

Originally posted by twowheelrider
    Maybe I will wait for the Sammy SCH i730 to be released. I prefer that phone over the 650 anyway. Either way it appears waiting is something that I will have to do unless I shell out the bucks.
    If you wanna wait, go for it, but as mentioned above, that coupon there expires today!!! Just lookin out for ya guys!!!

Does the Verizon phone come with the memory update already installed (making the minimum byte footprint 32K instead of 512K?)

As if we didn't already know, heh this is only like the 12th thread noting VzW selling it, but whatever...
    Nothing lasts forever, except true love. If it does not last, it wasn't true....

VZ is the one!

HELLO! Here's the deal. VZ has a $100 rebate that brings the price from $399 to $299. Oh ya and please update my 7135 with the new every 2 $100. Grand Total for the Treo 650! $199. Now that's a freagin deal!

Is there a PDF link w/ the rebate that you can share or point us in the right direction for the rebate?? Thanks in advance!!

Story of my life

OK GANG, I went down to the VZ store and asked them about the $100 promo on the Treo 650. They said that they've never heard of such a thing. I made them pull up the website promo www.vzshop.com and enter the promo code treo650. Bam! There it was $299 for the treo 650! I already had a $100 credit for having my 7135 for a couple of years, but I tried to finagle and get it for $199. The sales rep went on to say that that might have been a promo for new customers and I couldn't use my $100 credit on top of that anyways. Dangit! Oh well! GIVE ME MY TREO!!!!!

Where on that site (www.vzshop.com) were you able to enter the code to get the phone down to $299? I couldn't find it anywhere. THanks!