+ Reply to Thread

Versamail not working

I've just returned to the Palm camp from the dark side now that the 650 is available on Verizon. Even though I'm a pretty experienced Palm user, I can't for the life of me get Versamail to sync with my Outlook Inbox, which I used to be to do flawlessly on previous Palm devices. I've been through the set up wizard and it's set to sync with my two main email accounts in outlook, which share the main inbox, but none of the emails in my outlook inbox end up on the Treo, and i'm unable to send or download email directly to/from my treo. And there seems to be no way to set up or edit accounts on the Treo 650 itself. Please will someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

MrGadget
    Versamail will not sync with your Inbox, it wll download emails from your ISP and leave them there for you to get them with your regular computer, if you want to Sync with your Outlook you need to use Wireless Sync to do that.

To use VersaMail just open up your outlook and then look in accoutns and then copy the settings and use those on VersaMail.

Open up Versamail, then open up the menu and go to Account Setup
    Ernest Aguilar

Thanks for this info. I rarely send and receive email on my handheld/smartphonei. I just want to be able to grab whatever is currently in my outlook inbox and have it sync to the inbox in my handheld mail app, so i can review emails on the go and send replies next time i do a hotsync.

if that's all you want to do, my recommendation is dataviz's inbox-to-go (www.dataviz.com).

Jae
    Is ther an icon on the screen that says Versamail or is it the mail icon?
    J

MrGadget
    Originally posted by Jae
    Is ther an icon on the screen that says Versamail or is it the mail icon?
    There is an icon on the HOME screen
    Ernest Aguilar